Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 14-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 14-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 14-09-2012

Arsene Wenger is not planning a move to bring striker Didier Drogba to Arsenal
    Last Updated: September 14, 2012 7:19am

Didier Drogba: Linked with a move back to England but Arsene Wenger is not keen at the moment

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has insisted he has no intention of trying to lure Didier Drogba back to England from China.
    Drogba left Chelsea for Shanghai Shenhua on a lucrative free transfer in the summer after helping the Blues win the UEFA Champions League in dramatic style at the end of last season.

However, following an apparent power struggle behind the scenes at the Chinese Super League club, it had been reported Drogba was looking for a way out and could even be released from his deal, said to be worth in excess of 200,000 a week - with Liverpool and Real Madrid also possible destinations.
    Those suggestions, however, have since been played down by the striker's UK management company.

Drogba has also stressed that he remains committed to Shanghai, and Wenger is not really sure what the situation is.
    Arsenal previously tracked the Ivory Coast international when he was at Le Mans and Guingamp.
    Wenger, though, claims the Gunners are not preparing to go back into the market for the former Marseille frontman, who gave their defence so much trouble during his eight years at Chelsea.

"At the moment no. In my opinion he is not free. He has just left England," said the Arsenal manager.
    "I don't know about the situation because he came out with a completely different statement.
    "You hear he might go to Real Madrid - but then he says 'I am staying in China'. Is it just because he wants to be paid off? I don't know."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 14-09-2012

Clough expects interest in trio

Davies, Bailey & Naylor expected to be loaned out

Nigel Clough: Expects interest in James Bailey, Ben Davies & Tom Naylor

Derby boss Nigel Clough expects interest in Ben Davies, James Bailey and Tom Naylor to grow shortly.
    Midfielders Davies and Bailey and defender Naylor are still available to leave the club after falling down the pecking order at Pride Park.
    Clough thinks the emergency loan market may hot up next week.

"We are carrying two or three players over and above probably what we need at the moment," said Clough.
    "The window for emergency loans is open again and we will see if there is any interest in those players.
    "It is just about them getting some games because we are covered in those positions at the moment and the team have played well. So, it is going to be difficult for them to work their way in.

"We have had a couple of calls about the players but nothing definite. Clubs are probably thinking about the 93 days, the maximum for an emergency loan, because if you take a player on loan now, they will miss the last three games in December.
    "If they wait a little longer they could have the players on loan until January 1, which would allow them to play in the Christmas matches."

Uploads

Town look at German

Jewell looks at Pezzoni, but cools Boyd link

Kevin Pezzoni: Linked up with Ipswich on trial after leaving Cologne

Ipswich have handed German defender Kevin Pezzoni a trial at Portman Road
    Pezzoni is looking for a new club after quitting Cologne last month following an attack on him by a group of fans outside his home in the German city.
    Ipswich boss Paul Jewell is keen to bolster his defensive options and will have a look at centre-half Pezzoni in training before deciding whether or not to pursue his interest in the 23-year-old.

"He's been training with us or for a week and we know we've got to bring a centre-half in to push Tommy (Smith) and Luke Chambers - and that's what we're going to endeavour to do," said Jewell.
    "It's one area we're keen to strengthen and made a few (more) inquiries this week - we're aware we're very light in that area."
    Boyd link

Meanwhile, Ipswich have cooled their interest in signing Peterborough forward George Boyd.
    The Tractor Boys failed in a bid to sign Boyd on a permanent basis ahead of the August 31 transfer deadline. The long-serving Posh player turned down the move after failing to agree personal terms.
    Reports suggested the 26-year-old, who is still on the transfer list at Peterborough, would be allowed to leave London Road now that the loan window is open.

However, Jewell insists any deal for Boyd is no longer a priority.
    "[Posh director of football] Barry Fry came on the phone to me last week to ask about George Boyd because I'd made comments in the press about him, but all I'd done was answer a question," added Jewell.
    "There might well still be a loan situation, but that's not our priority at the moment."

Uploads

Eagles starlet signs new deal

Daniel rewarded with extended contract

Crystal Palace have handed defender Kadell Daniel a new deal at Selhurst Park.
    Daniel was previously on a short-term deal, but the club have moved to tie him down to a contract until the end of the season.
    The 18-year-old has yet to make a first-team appearance for the Eagles, but was on the bench for last season's FA Cup clash at Derby.
    Daniel has come through the ranks at Selhurst Park and is highly-rated by the coaching staff at Palace.
    The versatile performer, who can also play in midfield, is tipped for a big future and will be hoping to get a chance in the first-team under Dougie Freedman this season.

Uploads

Ex-Red seals Finland switch

Steven Irwin: Joined Finnish outfit FF Jaro on a free transfer

Former Liverpool youngster Steven Irwin has joined Finnish outfit FF Jaro on a free transfer.
    The former Reds reserves skipper left Anfield last summer before playing in Holland for Telstar, but departed in November for personal reasons.
    However, the 21-year-old's adviser, Ryan Badu, told skysports.com that Finland should be the perfect platform for the highly-rated midfielder.
    "Steve has had the best footballing education possible and now he just needs a stage to showcase his talent," said Badu.

"Scandinavia should be perfect for him because there's no language barrier and he will be able to face decent international players in a competitive league."
    Irwin joins a side struggling to avoid relegation from the Finnish top-flight, with FF Jaro anchored to the bottom of the table, two points adrift with five games to go and he hopes to make an immediate impact.
    "Wherever and whenever I play I always play to win and coming to Finland is no different for me," noted Irwin.

"I hope to play as best I can and help the team as many games as possible and hopefully we can do well on the back of that.
    "I'm excited to be in Finland and at a club like FF Jaro and hopefully I can repay the faith shown in me by producing on the pitch.
    "I knew a few players from Finland whilst I was at Liverpool, with obviously Sami Hyypia and also Lauri Dalle Valle, who is at Fulham now, and they spoke volumes about the game over here, so I'm really looking forward to the challenge."

Uploads

Sam Allardyce hopes midfielder Mark Noble will sign a new deal at West Ham
    Last Updated: September 14, 2012 8:04am

Mark Noble: Contract set to expire next summer and Sam Allardyce hopes he will stay

Sam Allardyce is anxious to avoid a repeat of the lengthy talks with former goalkeeper Robert Green as he aims to tie Mark Noble down to a new contract at West Ham United.
    Discussions over fresh terms for midfielder Noble have already been going on for some time, with his current deal set to expire next summer.
    England international keeper Green left West Ham at the end of last season to move to QPR but has since seen his No.1 spot at Loftus Road threatened by the signing of Julio Cesar.

Allardyce does not envisage such problems with Noble, who is a product of the club's fabled youth academy, and dismissed suggestions his performances could also suffer as negotiations continue.
    "Talks have been ongoing since the end of last season and I would have thought they would continue until a conclusion is reached. Hopefully that conclusion will see him sign a new deal," he said.
    "He comes in every day and works hard and he is as happy as any player, particularly after our 3-0 win over Fulham.

"Every player at the club is in a good, positive frame of mind at the moment, so there is no hangover from him not renewing his current deal."
    Green, 32, joined West Ham in 2006 but Allardyce could not tempt the former Norwich goalkeeper into staying at Upton Park despite holding talks throughout the duration of last season.
    He said: "I hope it doesn't get to that, we had a long, arduous contract negotiation with Robert Green which lasted an entire season.
    "From probably about the second week I was here it started in Switzerland on the pre-season tour and we tried to negotiation all the way through to the very, very end of the last game at Wembley.

"I had one more go after that and we couldn't come to striking a deal so I jumped on the back that Jussi (Jaaskelainen) was available and wanted to come.
    "So I hope it doesn't come to that situation, I hope that is something that can be resolved and he stays a West Ham player."

Uploads

Owls land Barkley on loan

Jones delighted to bring in Everton youngster
    Last Updated: September 14, 2012 9:53am

Ross Barkley: Joining Sheffield Wednesday on a one-month loan deal

Everton youngster Ross Barkley has joined Sheffield Wednesday on a one-month loan deal.
    A temporary switch has been mooted for the 18-year-old for some time and the Toffees have now allowed Barkley to make the move to Hillsborough.

Barkley is highly rated at Goodison Park and he was handed new four-and-a-half-year contract after impressing at the start of last season.
    Owls boss Dave Jones was delighted to bring in the England Under-21 international on a temporary basis.
    "We have been chasing Ross for some time and I'm really pleased to have him on board," Jones told the club's official website.
    "This is as big as the Rodri signing for me because this lad is a real quality player.
    "He's energetic, good in the air and a box to box player who can score a goal."

Uploads

Rodgers had no Owen interest

Liverpool boss prefers to give youth a chance
    Last Updated: September 14, 2012 10:17am

Michael Owen: Was not on Liverpool's radar prior to his move to Stoke

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers insists he did not consider trying to bring Michael Owen back to Anfield.
    The former England international was linked with a move back to Anfield prior to his switch to Stoke after the Reds failed to bring in a replacement for Andy Carroll before the close of the transfer window.
    However, Rodgers claims the ex-Reds striker was never on his radar as he wants to give some of the young players at the club a chance to impress.

"Liverpool didn't consider Michael Owen," Rodgers told Talksport. "If we didn't get the targets that we hoped to get in the transfer window, I was going to go with what I had.
    "There's no point putting money into the academy and then not giving young players a chance. Look at the impact Raheem Sterling has made as a 17-year-old. All I've given him is an opportunity and he's gone on and taken it.
    "We've got a number of other young talents and hopefully over the coming months we can see them and see how they flourish."

Uploads

Hughes signs new Fulham deal

Defender happy to extend Craven Cottage stay
    Last Updated: September 14, 2012 4:15pm

Aaron Hughes: Signed a new deal to keep him at Fulham until 2014

Fulham defender Aaron Hughes has signed a new one-year deal at Craven Cottage.
    Hughes' existing deal was due to expire at the end of the season, but the club have secured the Northern Ireland international on a contract until 2014.

The 32-year-old has been a mainstay in the Fulham defence since making a 1million move from Aston Villa in 2007, clocking up over 200 appearances for the Cottagers.
    Hughes was delighted to secure his long-term future with the West London outfit.
    "I'm obviously delighted as I've enjoyed my time here so far and to know that I'll be around for another couple of years is a nice thing for me," Hughes told the club's official website.

"I've had a lot of good experiences so far and hopefully I'll have more between now and 2014.
    "When I signed here I really didn't know how long I would be here, I just wanted to do as well as I could and hopefully fit in to the team well
    "To be here now and to experience what's happened so far and to know that I have plans for the next couple of years as well, I'm happy with that."

Uploads

Rodgers rejects Reina rumours

Reds boss says keeper is happy at Anfield
    Last Updated: September 14, 2012 4:00pm

Pepe Reina: Backed to stay at Liverpool by Brendan Rodgers

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers insists he has no problem with goalkeeper Pepe Reina and expects the Spaniard to stay at Anfield.
    Reina's future at Liverpool has been the subject of speculation after an indifferent start to the season.
    It has also been claimed Rodgers was looking to bolster his goalkeeping options, paving the way for a possible exit for Reina in the January transfer window.

However, Rodgers believes Reina is happy to stay at Liverpool and remains a key part of his future plans.
    "I've never had a problem with Pepe. He's been brilliant for me. He's a key member of the squad here," insisted Rodgers.
    "Absolutely first class, he's been. He understands what it is I'm trying to do. He understands the philosophy and he's a really, really good guy.

"Off the field, he's important for the group, he's a big voice in the changing room, and I've had no feelings at all that he's ever wanted to leave. I've never felt anything like that whatsoever.
    "I've good communication with him. I speak regularly with Pepe. He's one of the senior players."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast