Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK NDS internal cardsharing

Uploads

UK NDS internal cardsharing

Hi,
    I am trying to set up my computer to receive Uk NDS (S*y). I have installed newcs, and it seems to work ok (connects to phoenix device and picks up original card). I have also installed ProgDVB with wincsc. When I go to an encrypted channel, a little red symbol appears in the bottom corner of ProgDVB. Wincsc logs into newcs and newcs starts to do things (looks like it is decoding). The red symbol in the bottom corner of ProgDVB goes green, but I have a black screen.

All FTA channels work OK.

Has anyone tried newcs/wincsc and S*y uk? Do you know of any other good combination of software (for windows)?

Thanks,
    Al

Uploads

Re: UK NDS internal cardsharing

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have exactly the same problem!

Thanks

Whitey

try left the card in sport 1 and left run o long 24 hours maybe you have soon lovely results

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by nilton View Post
    try left the card in sport 1 and left run o long 24 hours maybe you have soon lovely results
    Sorry I don't follow you!

Mine set-up works sometimes for a few seconds and then the picture freezes. What could be causing this?

Whitey

maybe because have lots of ppl watching in this card??? And after you make a internal cs one more peer watching. Im my card only i give A1 TO ALL MY PEERS for not have this problem

Uploads

I only have this running on one machine, I'm not sharing the card. It just seems strange it works for a few seconds and then the picture freezes. It must be a setting somewhere.

Whitey

Uploads

I have a similar problem, i'm using ProgDVB with Wincsc logging into a local Newcs server on the same pc. scrambled channel are displayed but the picture and sound both freeze/stutter for a fraction of a second each time wincsc requests a new key from the server.

I have tried running NewCS on linux, and while the lag in WinCSC is reported as a lower figure, i still have the stuttering problem which makes the channel almost unwatchable

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 2brains View Post
    I have a similar problem, i'm using ProgDVB with Wincsc logging into a local Newcs server on the same pc. scrambled channel are displayed but the picture and sound both freeze/stutter for a fraction of a second each time wincsc requests a new key from the server.

I have tried running NewCS on linux, and while the lag in WinCSC is reported as a lower figure, i still have the stuttering problem which makes the channel almost unwatchable
    I have noticed that in wincsc if the key lag remains below 600ms then the picture is ok. The problem is my set-up cannot maintain this for longer than 2mins max. What card reader are you using?

Whitey

Uploads

Well i started with a Infinity USB unlimited which had about a 550ms lag, thinking that was a problem as it is a software emulated COM port, i went and got a Infinity USB.

With the Infinity USB, using NewCS on my XP pc that reduced the lag to about 350ms, using NewCS on a linux pc over a lan reduced it again to about 250ms but it still stutters on most key changes, not as bad as it was, but still not something i would call watchable

It seems to maintain the same lag time as long as i leave it running, so thats not a problem

Its real frustrating, so close yet so far!

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 2brains View Post
    Well i started with a Infinity USB unlimited which had about a 550ms lag, thinking that was a problem as it is a software emulated COM port, i went and got a Infinity USB.

With the Infinity USB, using NewCS on my XP pc that reduced the lag to about 350ms, using NewCS on a linux pc over a lan reduced it again to about 250ms but it still stutters on most key changes, not as bad as it was, but still not something i would call watchable

It seems to maintain the same lag time as long as i leave it running, so thats not a problem

Its real frustrating, so close yet so far!
    Have you tried DVBViewer? I've found it to work better with wincsc than progDVB. I'm certain with those key lag speeds you would have a stable picture. I have ordered a cheap serial pheonix after reading on a Italian forum about disabling the FIFO buffer on the com port cured all of their problems with sly Italia

Whitey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast