Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 16-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 16-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 16-09-2012

Chelsea's Victor Moses thinks hard work could one day lead to Barcelona

Victor Moses: The former Wigan Athletic star joined Chelsea this summer for 9million

Chelsea new-boy Victor Moses has revealed a long-term dream of playing for Barcelona.
    The Nigerian this summer moved to Stamford Bridge from Wigan Athletic for a fee of 9million after a long-running transfer saga.
    Moses is grateful to now be at a club of the pedigree of European champions Chelsea having escaped to England as a child from riots in his homeland in which his parents were killed.
    But the 21-year-old also thinks his ambitions and hard work could also one day take him to Spanish giants Barcelona.
    Interest

"It has been a long journey [from Nigeria] and I just want to keep strong and work hard for myself, whether it's football or not football," Moses said in The Guardian ahead of Saturday's Premier League game against Queens Park Rangers.
    "I have to thank God for being where I am, it's like a dream come true and, if I keep working hard, who knows, I'll probably end up in Barcelona one day."

It is often questioned who is in charge of transfers at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo or club owner Roman Abramovich.
    But, either way, Moses was just grateful to feel wanted, as he said: "I don't really know if it was Di Matteo or if it was the chairman or whoever but I knew that Chelsea were interested in me and that was it, really.
    "For a club to come and get you, they are going to use you at some stage. I know that there are a lot of players at Chelsea but if I do get my chance, I just have to grab it."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 16-09-2012

Rovers to allow Vukcevic exit

Attacking midfielder has barely figured for Rovers

Simon Vukcevic: The Montenegro star looks set to exit Ewood Park

Blackburn boss Steve Kean is expected to allow midfielder Simon Vukcevic go out on loan with a view to a permanent deal.
    The 26-year-old Montenegro international has failed to make an impression at Ewood Park since signing from Portuguese giants Sporting Lisbon.

Vukcevic barely figured for the club since his 3million move last summer, scoring just a solitary Premier League goal at Sunderland as the club were relegated.
    And with the player deemed surplus to requirements at the Championship club, Kean is ready to allow him to leave and get his career going again.
    "There are a lot competing for places and there might be a point in letting him go out and play," Kean told the Daily Mirror.

Uploads

Oldham Athletic have signed Manchester City defender Reece Wabara on loan

Reece Wabara: Manchester City defender has joined Oldham Athletic on an initial month-long loan

Oldham Athletic have continued their recruitment drive by signing defender Reece Wabara on an initial month-long loan from Manchester City.
    Former City striker Paul Dickov has returned to his old club to bring in Wabara after signing Jose Baxter and Matt Derbyshire on Friday.
    Wabara was added to the Latics' squad in time to be thrown straight into the starting line-up for Saturday's League One game at home to Notts County.

The 20-year-old has made just one brief substitute's appearance during his City career and featured six times during a loan spell at Ipswich Town last season.
    The versatile stopper was a target for several Football League clubs during the summer and has now opted for a stint at Boundary Park to build up his experience.

Uploads

Simon Grayson is open to keeping Adam Hammill at Huddersfield permanently

Adam Hammill: Impressed on his Huddersfield debut and is on loan from Wolves until January

Simon Grayson says there is no deal in place for Huddersfield Town to sign Adam Hammill permanently as he remains patient in his pursuit of Jermaine Beckford.
    Hammill joined Huddersfield on loan from Wolves before the transfer window closed and he marked his debut by setting up the only goal in Saturday's win over Derby County.

Grayson confirmed Hammill took a pay cut to join the Terriers and he is keeping an open mind about hanging on to the wide-man beyond the New Year.
    "We've not got a deal in place, but we'll see where we get with that one in January," said the Huddersfield boss.
    "He's just happy to play football, he had to take a pay cut to come here."
    The former Leeds chief also admits a deal for Beckford is on hold after Huddersfield failed to conclude a loan deal with Leicester City for the striker before the transfer deadline.

He added: "I think the Beckford deal will probably be off for a while, I'm disappointed we couldn't conclude that on deadline day but we will see what's available.
    "I'm pleased with the options I've got, but Jermaine's deal would have been the icing on the cake. I could go and sign another striker tomorrow but I don't think the ones that are available are any better than what we've got."
    When asked about the possibility of signing Beckford, Grayson added: "I think it's been put on the back burner from Leicester's point of view, I think they're going to keep him for a while but you never know in football, we thought we'd done a deal but things can change quickly."

Uploads

Garcia blasts Newcastle over Debuchy

Lille chief blames Newcastle over botched move

Mathieu Debuchy: Saw a move to Newcastle fail to materialise over the summer

Lille boss Rudy Garcia has blasted Newcastle for unsettling defender Mathieu Debuchy.
    Debuchy was strongly linked with a move to Newcastle during the summer transfer window with Lille rejecting a couple of offers for the full-back.
    The France international was thought to be keen on a move to Newcastle and remains hopeful that a deal could be resurrected in January.
    Garica has blamed Newcastle for the move not happening, claiming they failed to meet Lille's asking price for the 27-year-old.
    Blame

"If Newcastle would have done what they had to, then Mathieu would have left," Garica told L'Equipe.
    "Now I believe Mathieu has swallowed it. He is now looking forward and that is the most important thing.
    "How do I find his behaviour? Perfectly normal, that is the right term. He longs to play again after his injury."

Uploads

Former Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins has signed for Levante

Obafemi Martins: Former Newcastle striker has joined Levante after cancelling his contract at Rubin Kazan

Former Newcastle United striker Obafemi Martins has joined Levante on a two-year contract after leaving Rubin Kazan.
    Martins recently cancelled his contract with Russian side Rubin ahead of schedule and has now secured a move to Spain.
    The Nigerian had been linked with a loan move to West Bromwich Albion in the summer, but is looking forward to a fresh start with Levante.
    "The team is doing well and I hope to play well with them," Martins told the Spanish media.

"It is not right to say that I will score a certain number of goals, but I am here and I hope to score many.
    "I spoke with [sporting director] Manolo [Salvador] and since then all I wanted was to join Levante."
    Following the sale of Arouna Kone to Wigan Athletic, Levante had been searching for a new striker and had been hoping to sign Lassad Nouioui before the Tunisian joined Celtic amid much consternation within the Primera Liga club.

Uploads

Moyes in Fellaini admission

Everton boss says he will leave if offer is 'right'
    Last Updated: September 16, 2012 12:30pm

Marouane Fellaini: Could leave for 'right' offer

Everton boss David Moyes admits that he will not be able to stop Marouane Fellaini leaving if the club receives an offer that is 'right'.
    Moyes has already confirmed that he handed the Belgian midfielder a dressing down after he commented whilst on international duty, that he could be in his last season at Goodison Park.

He only signed a new long-term contract last year, but he has been linked with a number of clubs this summer including Real Madrid and Manchester United.
    "I have got no problem if other clubs start circling for my players. None at all"
    David Moyes Quotes of the week

Moyes was very unhappy with the midfielder for his comments, but he admits he would be powerless to stop him leaving if they got a big enough offer.
    "I won't say there's no chance in the next window because everybody is available throughout the world if the offer is right," Moyes is quoted by the Mail on Sunday.
    "But one thing I know is the transfer window is closed so he's not going anywhere right now."
    Circling

Moyes also admits that he has no issues with any clubs 'circling' around his stars.
    "I have got no problem if other clubs start circling for my players. None at all," he said in the Sunday Mirror.
    "What I do know is that they can't come in and take any of my players until January and we are only in September.
    "Whatever happens now, whatever Fellaini says, he is here for at least the next four months.

"He might be here even longer than that, I don't know.
    "What I do know for certain, though, is that Fellaini has got a five-year contract here.
    "So clubs can circle, but the window has just shut, and we're in a strong position as far as his contract is concerned."

Uploads

O'Neill: Fletcher worth every penny
    Last Updated: September 16 2012, 15:02 BST

Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill is hoping 12million striker Steven Fletcher will prove a bargain buy after seeing him plunder his third goal in two games.

Fletcher: Three goals in two games
    The 25-year-old Scot fired the Black Cats ahead against Liverpool on Saturday evening to pay off another instalment of the fee the Wearsiders handed over to Wolves to secure his services during the summer, although Luis Suarez's equaliser earned the Reds a 1-1 draw.
    Wolves rejected a series of offers as their valuation of Fletcher raised eyebrows, but his contribution to date - he also scored twice at Swansea a fortnight ago on his Premier League debut for Sunderland - has convinced the red and white faithful that they finally have a replacement for prolific former frontman Darren Bent.

O'Neill said: "So far, he has been absolutely terrific, I am just delighted with him. I just couldn't be more pleased.
    "All sorts of figures seem to be bandied around - I heard today we paid 14million for him - it was 12million, but he seems to be worth every single penny of it.
    "I am just pleased for him. It's nice for the crowd to take to him at this minute - that will give him a boost of confidence as much as anything else, but goals, of course, are very pleasing."
    Fletcher's 29th-minute strike came somewhat against the run of play as he found half a yard of space inside the box to turn Craig Gardner's fine right-wing cross past keeper Pepe Reina.

The visitors, who had arrived on Wearside at the end of a week during which the Hillsborough disaster has been to the forefront had started in promising fashion with 17-year-old winger Raheem Sterling particularly prominent.
    However, the goal came as something of a setback and having collected one of the first nine points previously on offer this season, their confidence seemed briefly to ebb away.
    But under-pressure manager Brendan Rodgers did his job a half-time and the Reds emerged in determined style once again.
    They might have been back on level terms on several occasions before they did finally find a way past keeper Simon Mignolet - Glen Johnson smashed a long-range effort against the crossbar and Steven Gerrard clipped the outside of a post with a side-footed effort - but they had to wait until 19 minutes from time to haul themselves back into the game.

Sunderland debutant Danny Rose had given as good as he got against Sterling, but with the left-back hampered by a groin injury, the teenager, who was called into the senior England squad last week, skipped past him to fire in a cross which substitute Titus Bramble could only stab away.
    The ball fell perfectly for Suarez, who instinctively thumped it past Mignolet to level.
    Rose was understandably disappointed to have been unable to prevent the equaliser, but took comfort from O'Neill's favourable comments after the game.
    The defender, on a season-long loan deal from Tottenham, said: "I'm glad he has given me praise because I am a bit disappointed with the goal, which was my fault.

"Me and Sterling had a good battle throughout the game and it just shows at this level, you let your opponent get the better of you just once and he puts it into the box, and that's where Liverpool scored.
    "It's definitely mixed emotions from the game, but it's definitely a good point that we earned."
    Rodgers was delighted with the resilience of his players and particularly pleased with Suarez, whose important to the club in the wake of Andy Carroll's departure and their failure to replace him, is paramount.
    He said: "He's been brilliant for me, I have got to say, his movement and cleverness.

"We played him just around the corner - we changed his position slightly for the first hour or so so he could come in from the left side and play in that space between the centre-half and the full-back, and I thought he did it well.
    "We just tried to get him involved that wee bit more in that final 30 minutes.
    "Across the board, we looked a real threat. Some of our passing and tempo in our game was good, the speed of our passing was good.
    "Luis, along with a lot of the other guys, was exceptional."
    O'Neill, however, was left counting the cost of a hard-fought contest as he awaited news on Rose and hamstring victim Carlos Cuellar.