Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 17-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 17-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 17-09-2012

Cesc - Barca life is Fab

Former Arsenal skipper enjoying "fight" for regular football
    Last Updated: September 17, 2012 9:42am

Cesc Fabregas: Started all four of Barcelona's league matches this season

Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has again rubbished suggestions he wants to quit the Spanish giants.
    Ex-Arsenal captain Fabregas has not always been an automatic pick for the Catalan side as he battles a host of star names for a starting XI place.
    But the 25-year-old, who has started all four of Barcelona's Primera Division matches this season, insists he is still up for the fight.
    "I said when I signed here that it was going to be the most exciting and difficult challenge of my life," he told The Sun.
    Challenges

"I knew I was coming here to compete for a place against the best players in the world.
    "But I like big challenges. If I didn't, I would have stayed at Arsenal where I was the captain, where I played every game and where I was treated so well.
    "I would never have taken the big step and the huge risk to sign for Barca and fight with the best players in the world for a place in the team - especially as there were never any guarantees given that I would play.
    "I have a big heart, I have a strong character and I have the courage to carry on competing for my place."
    Wenger

Fabregas, who left Arsenal for the Nou Camp in a 35m switch in August 2011, has also backed his former boss Arsene Wenger to ensure the Gunners challenge for major honours at the end of the season.
    "Arsene Wenger is amazing and I'm sure he will prove it again this season," he said.
    "He always finds the best young talent in Europe and has the courage to bring them in and give them their chance.
    "That is his special talent, the way he works with a player to build their confidence and encourage them to play, to perform at their best.
    "That's why I'm confident that Arsenal will again be up there challenging."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 17-09-2012

Villa open to Hutton loan

Lambert reveals defender could leave
    Last Updated: September 17, 2012 10:30am

Alan Hutton: Could be made available for loan by Aston Villa

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has admitted the club are willing to loan out defender Alan Hutton.
    Hutton has found himself frozen out of Lambert's plans this season and has been forced to train away from the first team.
    Villa tried to offload the full-back during the summer transfer window without success and Lambert revealed he has informed the Scotland international he could leave on a temporary basis if an offer comes in for him.

"There could be a chance of him going out on loan," Lambert told the Daily Mirror.
    "I've told him that if there is something there then he can look at it.
    "I've always been honest with him. I think that is the best way of being honest with people. He knows the situation."

Uploads

Blues eye Mohsni deal

Frenchman set for Birmingham move
    Last Updated: September 17, 2012 10:40am

Bilel Mohsni: Set to train with Birmingham

Birmingham City have moved into pole position to snap up Southend United's Bilel Mohsni, Sky Sports understands.
    The highly-rated French defender is keen to secure a move away from Southend United, and has attracted a great deal of interest.
    He trained with Premier League side West Ham, who lodged a bid for his services, but their offer of 150,000 was rejected.
    The 25-year-old then linked up with Championship club Ipswich Town but after impressing on trial, he refused their invite to extend his stay with the club.
    Now Mohsni is set to link up with Birmingham ahead of a loan move, which would then become permanent.
    However, Sky Sports understands that Birmingham need to move at least one player on before completing a deal for Mohsni, who is set to train with the club this week.

Uploads

Main move scuppered

Boro striker starlet staying put
    Last Updated: September 17, 2012 11:26am

Curtis Main: Injury has scuppered loan

Sky Sports understands that a knee injury has scuppered the hopes of a host of League One clubs who had targeted Middlesbrough starlet Curtis Main.
    The 20-year-old striker joined Boro last summer after departing Darlington - where he made his debut aged just 16.
    He was signed with a view to the future and played for Boro's development and reserves squads, but his progress was outstanding and he was soon promoted into the first team by Tony Mowbray.

In January he was handed a new two-and-half year deal and has since made over a dozen appearances for the club, scoring twice.
    Main has already been involved for Boro this season, starting in their win over Burnley, but now the club are somewhat surprisingly ready to send him out on loan.
    Sky Sports understands that half-a-dozen League One clubs were in contention for his coveted signature, but now Main has been sidelined with a knee problem which could see him ruled out until Christmas.

Uploads

Forest to loan out Findley

Clubs lining up to take American striker on loan
    Last Updated: September 17, 2012 11:35am

Robbie Findley: Could be loaned out by Nottingham Forest

Sky Sports understands a host of clubs are chasing Nottingham Forest striker Robbie Findley on loan.
    Several Championship and League One sides are thought to have made enquiries about taking the United States international on a temporary basis.

Findley, who joined Forest from Real Salt Lake in January 2011, saw his first season at the club interrupted by injury and he scored six goals last term.
    The 27-year-old is down the pecking order at the City Ground and has yet to feature for the first team this season.
    Forest boss Sean O'Driscoll is now considering loaning out Findley so that he can get some valuable first-team action under his belt with the striker keen to be playing on a regular basis.

Uploads

Hyam close to Town deal

Midfielder offered contract extension at Portman Road
    Last Updated: September 17, 2012 12:10pm

Luke Hyam: Set to sign a new deal at Ipswich Town

Sky Sports understands Ipswich midfielder Luke Hyam is set to sign a new deal at Portman Road.
    Hyam has been offered a new deal as reward for his progress after signing a contract extension in February.
    The 20-year-old impressed in the second half of last season and he has made four appearances this term before missing the last three games through injury.
    Hyam's form is thought to have attracted the interest of a number of clubs and Ipswich have moved to tie him down to a longer contract.
    Paul Jewell is keen to keep hold of Hyam with the player establishing himself as a key member of his first-team plans.

Uploads

Athletic Bilbao's Fernando Llorente to discuss transfer options in January
    Last Updated: September 17, 2012 1:16pm

Fernando Llorente: The Spain striker has been linked with Juventus and several Premier League clubs

Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente feels more comfortable after a 'hard' summer but has implied he will still look to leave the club in January.
    The Spain international was linked with a summer move away from San Mames after making it clear he was not going to sign an extension to his current contract, which expires at the end of the season.
    Llorente was reportedly a target of Juventus, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool and his apparent lack of commitment saw him axed from Athletic's team.

The forward made a goalscoring return to the side in Sunday's 3-3 draw with Espanyol and he feels 'happy' but he will also be able to hold talks with other clubs in the New Year.
    "In January, I am free to negotiate my future," he told Radio Cadena Ser. "But I want to be focused to try to help the team."
    He added: "It has been a bumpy and hard summer. I've had to make tough decisions. You never know how things are going and I had to go through difficult times.
    "When you pass bad times, you get stronger and I'm happy things are calmer."

Uploads

Hahnemann seals Seattle switch

Keeper hails dream return to Sounders
    Last Updated: September 17, 2012 1:35pm

Marcus Hahnemann: Returned to America with first club Seattle Sounders

Former Reading and Wolves goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann has sealed his move back to America with Seattle Sounders.
    As revealed by Sky Sports last week, Hahnemann was poised to return to the club where he began his career on a free transfer after leaving Everton at the end of last season.

The 40-year-old admits it is a dream come true to return to Seattle to finish his career.
    "This is where I started my career and I wanted to finish here," Hahnemann told the club's official website.
    "This is what we've always dreamed would happen in Seattle, and what I always wanted when I was here."
    Hahnemann began his professional career at Seattle Sounders some 18 years ago and has since played for Fulham, Rochdale, Reading, Wolverhampton and Everton.

Uploads

Jol rules out loan exits

Fulham boss keeping hold of fringe men to provide back-up
    Last Updated: September 17, 2012 7:00pm

Marcello Trotta: Has attracted interest but Martin Jol does not want to lose anyone

Martin Jol says he has received enquiries about some of his Fulham players but he does not want to let anyone leave on loan at the current time.

The likes of Matthew Briggs, Pajtim Kasami and Marcello Trotta have been linked with temporary moves elsewhere as they are not first-team regulars at Craven Cottage.
    However, Jol insists that he needs to keep hold of all his fringe players to provide back-up, having missed out on some of his targets on deadline day.

"We've had some enquiries but at the moment I need all of these players," he told the Fulham Chronicle.
    "Trotta's making big steps and I can't let him go. There were quite a few clubs, even abroad, that wanted to get him on loan but I would like to keep them all.
    "They're always knocking on the door. You saw what happened in the transfer window so other players will get opportunities now.
    "Hopefully everything will be fine with John Arne Riise. He was injured two weeks ago and Briggs came in against Man United and did well. They will stay here for the next period."

Uploads

Bologna explain Ramirez sale

Southampton offer too good to turn down, says Zanzi
    Last Updated: September 17, 2012 8:17pm

Gaston Ramirez: Made a big-money switch to Southampton on deadline day

Bologna general manager Roberto Zanzi has revealed that Italian clubs were unable to compete with Southampton following Gaston Ramirez's deadline day sale.
    Saints completed a club-record deal to bring in the Uruguayan after a protracted pursuit during the summer.
    Zanzi says the offer was too good to resist, while he was also pleased to bring in a quality replacement in the form of Alberto Gilardino from Genoa.

It may have been something of a surprise that Ramirez headed to the Premier League rather than continued his career in Serie A, but Zanzi insists Italian clubs are not as financially strong as their European rivals.
    He told Tele Radio Stereo: "Ramirez knew that we would have sold him only with certain conditions. Such conditions happened only at the end of the market and so we had little time to act in the market.

"Despite the difficulties we were able to do a nice job by taking Gilardino.
    "Ramirez accepted the Southampton offer because he couldn't refuse.
    "Were there proposals from Italy for Ramirez? The economic situation of Italian football means at the moment Italian clubs are struggling to make similar proposals to those coming from abroad.
    "Gaston eventually opted for the Premier League."