Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 18-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 18-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 18-09-2012

Huntelaar in no hurry over deal

Schalke striker calm over future with German club
    Last Updated: September 18, 2012 12:26pm

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar: Schalke striker's current contract runs out next summer

Schalke striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has revealed that he is in no hurry to make a decision on his future.
    The Netherlands international's current contract with the German club runs out in June 2013 and he has yet to sign a new deal.
    Huntelaar top scored in the Bundesliga last season with 29 goals and is keen on performing for the Royal Blues this campaign too.

"I have never said that I would definitely make a quick decision," the 29-year-old told Kicker.
    "I have had two serious chats about a new deal, the latest chat was back in August and it was just about sporting aspects and not about financial facts.
    "To make it straight and clear, I want to focus on the matches ahead, these fixtures are very important."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 18-09-2012

Wenger's Walcott worry

Gunners boss hopes winger will sign new deal
    Last Updated: September 18, 2012 12:15pm

Arsene Wenger: Worried about Theo Walcott's contract situation at Arsenal

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted he is worried about Theo Walcott's contract situation at the Emirates.
    Walcott is out of contract at the end of the season and talks over a new deal have stalled.
    Live on Sky Sports

• vs
    • Montpellier v Arsenal

• September 18, 2012 7:00pm

The England international was given a mixed reception by some Gunners fans when he came off the bench to score against Southampton at the weekend due to the uncertainty over his long-term future.
    Wenger admits the fans turning on Walcott is a concern, but he remains confident of tying down the winger to a new deal
    "Clearly it is a worry," Wenger said of the jeers he received. "You want your players to be supported no matter what contractual situation they are in, but at the moment we cannot let this affect us.
    Difficult

"We are still in a position where we hope Theo extends his contract.
    "If we are in the same position next April, then clearly it will be more difficult. For now, he says he wants to stay at Arsenal and is committed to the team and that is important.
    "Theo is only 23, but he has been through a lot in his career already. A lot of positives and negatives. I am confident he will stay here, that is what we all hope."

Uploads

Palace to deal in Gabbidon

Freedman moves for free agent defender
    Last Updated: September 18, 2012 12:26pm

Danny Gabbidon: Set to join Crystal Palace on a deal until the end of the season

Sky Sports understands former Queens Park Rangers defender Danny Gabbidon is poised to join Crystal Palace on a deal until the end of the season.
    Wales international Gabbidon is a free agent after leaving Loftus Road over the summer.
    Gabbidon has been training with Palace and it appears he has impressed Eagles boss Dougie Freedman during his stint at the Championship side.

Freedman is ready to offer the former West Ham stopper a short-term deal until the end of the season as he looks to bolster his defensive options.
    Palace have conceded ten goals in five Championship outings this season and Freedman sees Gabbidon's experience as a key addition to his young squad.

Uploads

McCall fears Motherwell exodus

Out-of-contract stars may be tempted by England, admits boss
    Last Updated: September 18, 2012 12:30pm

Stuart McCall: Led Motherwell to the top of the early SPL table

Motherwell boss Stuart McCall fears he could lose an entire team from Fir Park at the end of the season - without the SPL leaders getting a penny.
    "It looks like I could lose a full team. It's possible that could happen."
    Stuart McCall Quotes of the week

McCall guided the Steelmen into the Champions League with an impressive third-place finish last season and now they are setting the early pace after making an unbeaten start to the new campaign
    But a host of Well stars, including goalkeeper Darren Randolph and top scorer Michael Higdon, are out of contract next summer.
    The players will be free to talk to other clubs in January and McCall believes it will be difficult to persuade them to reject offers from English clubs in favour of staying with Motherwell.
    "It looks like I could lose a full team. It's possible that could happen," said the ex-Scotland international.
    Time

"Look at Randolph for example. I've been amazed we've not had any concrete bids for him. He's just got his first full cap for Republic of Ireland and apparently made some great saves.
    "Jamie Murphy knocked back an offer last year to go to Blackpool and he's also now in his last year.
    "There are other boys like [Tom] Hateley, [Chris] Humphrey, [Nicky] Law and Higdon. Simon Ramsden, Omar Daley and Jonathan Page are also out of contract.
    "There is time between now and the summer to see if we can do something, but that is a big part of my squad."

Uploads

Morrison glad with Baggies deal

Midfielder hopes Jonas Olsson and Chris Brunt will follow suit
    Last Updated: September 18, 2012 12:37pm

James Morrison: Midfielder feels at home at West Bromwich Albion

West Bromwich Albion midfielder James Morrison is delighted to have committed himself to the club.
    The 26-year-old signed a new four-year contract last week that will see him remain at The Hawthorns until June 2016.
    Morrison, who joined the Baggies in August 2007, is now hopeful that his team-mates Jonas Olsson and Chris Brunt will sign new contracts as well.
    Longest-serving player

"This is my sixth season here now," he said in The Birmingham Mail. "I'm committed to the club, I feel settled here. There was no reason for wanting to leave.
    "I'm 26, the longest-serving player and I quite like that. Hopefully other players like Chris Brunt and Jonas will follow.
    "It feels like home. That's down to playing every week, the team playing well, being settled.
    "The fans have been great with me, the new manager [Steve Clarke] coming in has been a big factor in me signing."
    West Brom are currently sixth in the Premier League table with seven points from four matches, three points behind leaders Chelsea.

Uploads

Hill denies Blues Stones talk

Tykes chief urges defender to stay at Oakwell
    Last Updated: September 18, 2012 12:48pm

John Stones: Linked with a move to Chelsea, but Barnsley have denied any contact

Barnsley boss Keith Hill has rejected talk that young defender John Stones could be set for a move to Chelsea.
    Reports over the weekend suggested Chelsea were lining up a big-money move for the highly-rated 18-year-old.
    Stones has come through the ranks at Oakwell and made his first-team debut last March, going on to make eight appearances for the club.
    Stones is highly-regarded at Barnsley and recently signed a new deal at the Championship outfit.
    Hill insists there has been no contact with Chelsea regards Stones and he feels the youngster should remain at Barnsley to continue his development.
    Rumours

"There probably are rumours but to me it wouldn't be to his benefit because is he really going to play there?" Hill told Radio Sheffield.
    "It would be the wrong move for him at this time. We've had no contact from them at the moment.
    "It's in his best interests to stay here and continue his development.
    "He is a player who can go all the way because he's grounded, he's got good football intelligence and he wants to improve."