Dubai One re-launches on 30 September, 2012
Tue, 2012-09-18 08:14 - By
With an on-air, online new look, Dubai One channel has announced its re-launch to be live on air September 30th 2012.
The re-launch includes an exciting bouquet full of channel's locally produced favourites, new drama seasons and exclusive movies, including high quality content that will provide our viewers with more of an opportunity to catch our exciting line-up of shows and movies that have been long-time favourites among our viewers in the UAE and in the region.
In a re-launch ceremony held at the Godolphin lounge, Emirates Towers Hotel, attended by a number of TV producers, directors, presenters along with a crowd of international and local media representatives, Sara Jarman, Director of Dubai One Channel highlighted that the re-launch under the slogan 'See More', reflects the prominence of Dubai One's position as a 'one-stop shop' media platform for entertainment and information which contributes to strengthen the channel's position as a leading provider of high quality programs locally produced in DMI studios, as well as providing a bouquet of distinct exclusive movies and TV Series carefully selected and tailored to the needs and interests of our varied viewers categories.
Dubai One re-launch includes many exiting changes in terms of look, theme, graphics, stings, and promos, with a clear focus on all age groups, considered according to statistical results and figures of studies conducted by specialized bodies analyzed Dubai One viewership of programs that combines upscale family entertainment, while expert competencies working in the channel translate this approach into a new show line-up to be more than just a new season but rather programming that has been tailored to the needs and interests of all categories. Dubai One screen is showcasing a season full of new events, movies and exciting programming.
Sarah Jarman drew attention that the production of local programs will highlight the important issues in the UAE society in all areas as well as reflecting the strategy of Dubai in English language for all residents in the UAE, the region and the world, in addition to the contribution of these locally produced programs to the development of local talent and media production industry in Dubai and the UAE in general, as well as contributing to the education of English-speaking about Dubai's vision and achievements, and about the UAE , Arab and Islamic culture in general.
Distinct programs and new seasons
- At the forefront, Dubai One exclusively broadcasts Season 6 of the musical show 'The Voice', the most exciting singing contest around the world. Every Saturday at 22:00
- Reality business show 'The Entrepreneur' every Wednesday at 21:00, is produced in cooperation with ITC (DU), in support of small and medium enterprises, providing entrepreneur contestants from the UAE an opportunity to achieve their future dreams into reality.
- In its first season 'Fashion Star' comes every Friday at 22:00 with the latest stories and trends of the world fashion.
Worth viewing - Locally Produced Shows
- Transmitted from DMI News Center in DMC 'Emirates News' bulletin in English with the latest news, events and reports from Dubai and around the world, at 19:00.
- Meet Tom and Ash in season 3 of 'Studio One', from Sunday to Thursday at 19:30, including a combination amusing features associated with style and lifestyle in Dubai, while season 6 of 'Out & About This Week', the youth TV magazine, every Friday at 21:00 prested by Punam and Layne, weekly covers all interesting events in Dubai and the UAE, along with exciting prices from leading world brands of music, movies and entertainment.
- A new season of 'That's Entertainment' on Friday 21:30, exclusive interviews with celebrities as well as news of Hollywood, Bollywood and the Middle East stars, and the latest musical and movies releases. 'Emirates 24/7' new season is scheduled on Sunday to Thursday at 18:30, with advance analytical overview of the world of finance and business.
- 'Understanding Islam' in its third season, to highlight the Islamic teachings and explains the foundations of our faith by exploring every angle, on Friday at 11:30
Upscale drama and movies
- Gossip Girl, every Sunday at: 21:00 UAE time: 19:00 GMT.
- For the first time in the Middle East Dubai One viewers will follow the first season of 'Bella', the Spanish drama dubbed in English, Sunday to Thursday at 18:30.
- As well as the first season of the highly acclaimed drama series 'Revenge', the story mysterious rich and beautiful Emily Thorne, along with new seasons of characteristic dramas such as Supernatural, SmallVille, The Big Bang Theory and many more.
- Dubai One presents three consecutive movies every night, including some exclusive and box office films...