Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 24-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 24-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 24-09-2012

Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo is confident of Ashley Cole signing a new deal before January
    Last Updated: September 24, 2012 11:48am

Ashley Cole: Likely to extend Chelsea stay, according to Di Matteo

Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo is 'very optimistic' of Ashley Cole signing a new contract at Stamford Bridge before the transfer window opens.
    The left-back's first goal for 28 months against Stoke kept the Blues top of the Premier League as they triumphed 1-0 on Saturday.
    After scoring the winner, the 31-year-old said he felt as 'fit as I've ever been'.
    Di Matteo has no fears the man he hailed as a Chelsea "legend" would reach January in a position to be able to pen a pre-contract agreement with a rival club.

"I'm very optimistic that it will be dealt with before that," the manager said after watching Cole net the Blues' vital late winner.
    Di Matteo confirmed he had recommended to the Chelsea board that they keep Cole "as long as they can" before waxing lyrical about the defender, who controversially joined the club from Arsenal six years ago.
    "He has become a legend - he is now Chelsea through and through," said Di Matteo.
    "But I wouldn't say it's just happened recently. He's been here many years and has contributed a lot to this club."
    Professional

Hailing Cole as an ideal example for Chelsea's new players to follow, he added: "He's a fantastic pro, which I'm not sure whether you know.
    "Somebody that's the first one out in training, one of the first into the building with JT [John Terry], trains every day like a professional, reliable, somebody that you could go to war with.
    "And he's a very quiet guy as well. He's very private at his own stuff.
    "He's one of the best left-backs in the world."

It is said that Cole suffers from a persistent ankle problem that can limit his ability to train but Di Matteo said: "He's physically very good, very strong, has the ability to recover very quickly from game to game. Offers us a lot on that left hand side."
    Cole does not offer many goals but asked whether he would urge him to get forward more often, Di Matteo said: "He'll have to buy me dinner. That's what I'm going to ask him.
    "For two years, he hasn't scored and now he has, so he should buy me dinner."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 24-09-2012

Manchester City striking starlet John Guidetti agrees new long-term contract
    Last Updated: September 24, 2012 11:44am

John Guidetti: Agrees new deal at Manchester City

Sky Sports understands Manchester City have agreed a new long-term deal with striking starlet John Guidetti.
    The Swedish international had a sensational campaign on loan in Holland last season, scoring 20 goals in 23 appearances for Feyenoord.
    Despite having two years left on his current deal, City have now moved to agree a long-term extension with Guidetti.
    The player is currently working his way back to full fitness after contracting an illness towards the end of last season which ruled him out of pre-season.

That prevented any possible loan move, with a host of clubs looking to land his coveted signature.
    Now Guidetti will remain with City until January - shunning any interest from the Championship.
    Indeed Sky Sports understands that despite Feyenoord's desperation to re-sign him, should Guidetti leave on loan it will be to either another Premier League side or to the top flight in Spain, Italy or Germany.

Uploads

Charlton eye Sammy Clingan move on free transfer
    Last Updated: September 24, 2012 10:24am

Sammy Clingan: Linked with a move to Charlton on a free transfer

Sky Sports understands Charlton are poised to sign Northern Ireland international Sammy Clingan on a free transfer.
    Midfielder Clingan is a free agent after leaving Coventry in the summer and he has been weighing up his options.
    A number of clubs have expressed an interest in Clingan, but now Charlton are in pole position to land the 28-year-old.

Addicks boss Chris Powell is keen to bolster his midfield options and believes Clingan could be a valuable addition to his plans.
    Clingan, who started his career with Wolves before going on to play for Chesterfield, Nottingham Forest Norwich and Coventry, is keen to be playing regularly to safeguard his place in the Northern Ireland squad.

Uploads

Mark Noble agrees new deal at West Ham
    Last Updated: September 24, 2012 11:04am

Mark Noble: Poised to sign a new deal to keep him at West Ham

Sky Sports understands West Ham midfielder Mark Noble has agreed a new deal to extend his stay at Upton Park.
    Noble is currently in the final year of his contract and a number of clubs are thought to be monitoring his situation.
    Fulham made an enquiry about Noble during the summer transfer window only to be rebuffed by West Ham.
    West Ham have now moved to offer Noble a new deal as they look to keep the player who is a product of their famed academy.

Noble has made over 200 appearances for his local club and has established himself as a key member of the side since breaking into the first team at the age of 17.
    The classy midfielder helped West Ham win promotion back to the Premier League last season and was named Player of the Season in the process.
    Noble is expected to sign a three-year extension with the option of a further year at Upton Park.
    News of Noble's new deal will come as a massive boost to Hammers boss Sam Allardyce as the club risked losing the 25-year-old on a free transfer at the end of the season.

Uploads

McGlynn cools Skacel rumours
    Last Updated: September 24 2012, 11:34 BST

Hearts manager John McGlynn has cautioned fans not to get their hopes too high over a return for Rudi Skacel.

Rudi Skacel: Speculation of Hearts return
    Rumours over the possibility of free agent Skacel signing on at Tynecastle have re-emerged after the player said on his Twitter account that his season would begin this week.
    Hearts director Sergejus Fedotovas has apparently fuelled the speculation by reporting that good news is on its way for supporters but McGlynn was unaware of any imminent signing when he met the media on Monday morning to preview Tuesday night's Scottish Communities League Cup meeting with Livingston at Tynecastle.

"I don't follow Twitter and Facebook," McGlynn said. "Obviously Rudi has been saying certain things but I can't really comment on that. "It's at a higher level than where I am."
    The manager joked: "If it's not Rudi Skacel, I wonder who I'm getting!"
    Skacel signed off on his second spell at Hearts in the same way as his first, by scoring in a Scottish Cup final win, and his third coming would be welcomed by fans and McGlynn alike.
    "I have said many times, anyone who scores 18 goals would be very welcome," the manager said. "Eighteen goals from anyone, that's what he got last season, would be an asset.

"But I don't think we should be getting carried away. The way this is going, it would be a big blow to everyone else if he's not here.
    "I'm trying to focus on the players I have got. I can't do anything about the players I don't have.
    "If we build this up, because there are no guarantees, then all of a sudden if he goes somewhere else, it could be like we have lost a player."
    When asked about having concerns over being kept out of the loop, McGlynn said: "I considered that when the job became available. I said 'do you realise what you are going into?' I said yes and I would just take the job and get on with it.
    "I deal with the players and realise there will be rumours and stories and unfortunately players not getting paid from time to time.
    "But it was too good an opportunity not to come here."

Uploads

Blackburn quiet on Kean rumours
    Last Updated: September 24 2012, 12:02 BST

Blackburn will not be releasing an official statement in relation to Steve Kean's managerial future at Ewood Park.

Steve Kean: Speculation over his future
    Rovers suffered their first home defeat of the season in a 2-1 loss to Middlesbrough on Friday, prompting speculation that the club's owners were negotiating Kean's replacement as manager.
    The owners' talks are expected to continue, but operations director Paul Agnew said on Monday morning the club will not be responding to media speculation at this time.

Uploads

Bristol City ready to snap up winger Omar Kossoko on a free transfer
    Last Updated: September 24, 2012 1:21pm

Omar Kossoko: Set to win a deal at Bristol City after impressing on trial

Sky Sports understands Bristol City are poised to sign winger Omar Kossoko after he impressed on trial.
    Kossoko is available on a free transfer after leaving Auxerre over the summer following the French side's relegation from Ligue 1.
    The 24-year-old linked up with the Robins earlier this month after having trials at Championship rivals Crystal Palace and Barnsley.
    The Frenchman is believed to have impressed boss Derek McInnes and he is now ready to offer him a deal at Ashton Gate.
    Kossoko is thought to have spurned several offers from abroad to make the move to Bristol City and he is expected to sign a short-term deal at the club.

Uploads

We need more firepower - McGhee
    Last Updated: September 24, 2012 2:03pm

McGhee: Eyeing the market

Bristol Rovers boss Mark McGhee is in the market for a pair of strikers after his side again fired blanks against Fleetwood.
    McGhee believes he needs to bolster his front-line, with his team scoring just four times in seven league matches this season.
    "There are positives to take out of our defensive performance (against Fleetwood) and now the supporters just have to trust me to get a couple of players that will be the difference between us drawing and winning these sorts of games," he told The Bristol Post.

"We're out there doing our best to find a replacement for (the injured) Matty Harrold and we may possibly also be looking for another striker as well.
    "We have a list of strikers we're looking at, because we know we need some strength and depth in that department.
    "We will certainly be trying to do business before next weekend in an effort to try to get somebody that will help us put the ball in the back of the net."

Uploads

United confirm new deals

Watson and Armstrong put pen to paper
    Last Updated: September 24, 2012 2:37pm

Keith Watson: Dundee United defender has signed three-year deal

Dundee United have confirmed that Keith Watson and Stuart Armstrong have both agreed new long-term deals.
    Sky Sports revealed that defender Watson had agreed terms on a three-year deal and United have now confirmed he has put pen to paper.
    Midfielder Armstrong has also committed his future to the club until 2015.
    Manager Peter Houston told the club's official website: "Both players fully merit these extensions.

"Keith has been part of the first team squad for a few years now and this season has progressed even further.
    "He knows he has still to learn and develop parts of his game and it is great that he wants to continue that development here at Tannadice.
    "Stuart has shown already this season that he can play a large part in our team and make an impact in games.
    "He is an exciting player that brings additional pace and skill into our team. He still has some parts of his game to refine and I am delighted that he sees Dundee United as the best place to do so."
    Delight

"I am delighted to sign this extension to my contract," said Watson.
    "It was an easy choice to continue playing here at Tannadice and carry on my football education here.
    "The coaching staff are helping me develop as a footballer and being told they wanted me here for the next few years is a massive boost personally. It is a great club with great fans and I know I will further improve as a player here."

Armstrong added: "I am so happy to have this extension agreed. This season is a big season for me and I have already been involved in all of our games so far.
    "I have goals that I want to achieve this season and beyond and signing this contract ensures I can focus on continuing my progress.
    "Tannadice is a great place to play football and knowing my future is secure means I can concentrate on fulfilling my goals on the park."