Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 25-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 25-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 25-09-2012

Manchester City defender Joleon Lescott keen to sign new deal with club
    Last Updated: September 25, 2012 8:28am

Joleon Lescott: Happy at Manchester City and hopes to earn a new deal

Joleon Lescott says he would love to stay at Manchester City until the end of his career, but he will not 'rock the boat' by demanding a new deal.
    Lescott has established himself as a key figure at the Etihad Stadium since his arrival from Everton and remains under contract until the summer of 2014.

He is keen to commit to the club for even longer but recognises that he must keep performing to a high level if he is to earn an extension.
    "I've got this season and one more. I'd love to extend it and finish my career here," said the 30-year-old.
    "Going knocking on doors isn't my style. I don't think my mum would be happy if I did that. I just continue to be professional.
    "I know where I've come from. A few years ago I was playing away at Plymouth on Tuesday nights. Now Tuesday evenings mean Champions League.

"I'm grateful for what I have now. So I won't rock the boat."
    Lescott has accepted that he will not play every game because City's squad is so strong, although he admits it was disappointing to be rested for the UEFA Champions League clash with Real Madrid last week.
    "Obviously it hurt but the manager picked the team and I wasn't in it," said Lescott, who returned to the starting line-up against Arsenal and scored in a 1-1 draw.

"It's a great stadium, a great occasion for the club and you want to pit yourself against the world's best, like Cristiano Ronaldo.
    "But I just have to work hard. It's happened before over the last couple of seasons.
    "I've played, been left out. It's happened before during my career and I'm ready for the fight."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 25-09-2012

On-loan Werder Bremen midfielder Kevin de Bruyne says his long-term future is at Chelsea

Kevin De Bruyne: Sees his long-term future at Chelsea

On-loan Werder Bremen midfielder Kevin de Bruyne has no doubt he will return to Chelsea after his stint in the Bundesliga, insisting a permanent move is not an option.
    Belgium international De Bruyne went straight to Bremen on a season-long loan in the summer after arriving at Stamford Bridge from native club Genk.
    He has made a bright start to life in Germany, scoring two goals in four league matches.

The 21-year-old is under contract with Chelsea until June 2017 and seen as one for the future by the Blues.
    De Bruyne is confident he has what it takes to succeed with the European champions and says he will definitely go back to West London after his loan spell.
    He told BILD: "I know that I will have to return to Chelsea FC. They are convinced of my qualities.
    "There will be no chance for Werder Bremen to snap me up or to extend the loan spell further.
    "I am of the belief that I have everything needed to break through at a club the size of Chelsea FC. I am able to play good football even at such a club."

Uploads

Chase on for Saints defender

Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday keen on Butterfield

Danny Butterfield: Southampton defender being chased by Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday

Sky Sports understands a number of clubs are chasing Southampton defender Danny Butterfield on loan.
    Butterfield has found himself down the pecking order at St Mary's this season with summer signing Nathaniel Clyne first-choice right-back.
    The 32-year-old has only made one first-team appearance in the Capital One Cup win over Stevenage.

Southampton boss Nigel Adkins is now considering loaning out Butterfield so that he can get some action under his belt with the defender keen to be playing on a regular basis.
    Championship duo Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday are both thought to have made enquiries about taking the former Crystal Palace man on a short-term basis.
    Birmingham are keen to bring in a new right-back after losing Stephen Carr and Paul Caddis to injury, while Dave Jones is keen to add to his defensive options at Hillsborough.

Uploads

Ridehalgh extends loan spell

Ridehalgh: Extends Spireites loan

Chesterfield have extended Liam Ridehalgh's loan spell from Huddersfield for a further two months.
    Defender Ridehalgh, 21, has made six starts and one substitute appearance since rejoining the Spireites last month. The player also made 20 appearances during a loan stint last season.
    Caretaker manager Tommy Wright said: "Liam is a young player who can get better. He's enjoyed his time here and Huddersfield clearly feel that he'll continue to make progress with us."

Uploads

Birchall loaned to Dartford

Birchall: Loaned out

Adam Birchall has completed a month-long loan move to Blue Square Bet Premier side Dartford in order to get much-needed minutes under his belt.
    The 27-year-old Gillingham striker missed all of last term having suffered a cruciate knee injury in pre-season shortly after his move from Dover in the summer of 2011.
    Following a lengthy recovery, Birchall made his long-awaited Gills debut as a second-half substitute this August but he has since managed just two further appearances from the bench.

Manager Martin Allen told Gillingham's official website: "We have agreed with Dartford for Adam Birchall to go on loan for one month. Adam has done tremendously well and really does need to play matches and, with Robbie Findley arriving at the end of last week, this is the ideal time.
    "Andy Hessenthaler got it fixed up for us on Monday morning to go to Dartford, who are doing well in their league, so it is a good team for Adam to go and join.
    "In no way, shape or form is this the end of Adam Birchall. After a long rehab and extensive training he needs games to play in before he comes back to join us and without a shadow of a doubt he will be in our team and winning us games."

Uploads

Red Devils loan Spurs' Byrne

Byrne: Signed for Crawley

Crawley have signed defender Nathan Byrne on loan from Tottenham.
    The 20-year-old will stay at the Broadfield Stadium until January 6 and could make his debut in the Capital One Cup against Swansea on Tuesday night.
    Town manager Richie Barker told the club's official website: "Nathan is a quality player who has been monitored regularly by our scouting team this season.

"We need more options in defensive areas of the team and I'm delighted to have him with us. He is a solid defender who likes to get forward and he will be a real asset to the squad."
    Byrne has also had loan spells with Brentford and Bournemouth.
    He said: "League One is very competitive but I enjoy the pressure and I can't complain about the start if I am selected. Swansea are a great team and if I get a chance I hope I can make an impression."

Uploads

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez has reported Burnley target Callum McManaman in his plans for this season
    Last Updated: September 25, 2012 8:45am

Callum McManaman: Backed to play a big role by Latics boss Martinez

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez says young striker Callum McManaman has a big role to play at the club this season to cool talk linking him with a Burnley loan move.

Reports suggest the Latics recently snubbed an approach from the Championship club to take the 21-year-old on loan.
    And Martinez says the youngster is key to his plans, telling the Daily Mirror: "I expect Callum to play a big part with us this season."
    McManaman and 19-year-old Arsenal loanee Ryo Miyaichi came on as replacements for defensive duo Gary Caldwell and Emmerson Boyce with just less than 15 minutes to go against Fulham at the weekend.

The young attacking duo impressed Martinez despite the 2-1 defeat, putting them in a strong position to be handed starts against Sam Allardyce's West Ham in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday night.
    "That's a real positive for us to have a couple of youngsters of that quality," said the manager.
    "So I was really pleased with that and I think it shows the competition we've got now for places."

Uploads

Barcelona are set to hold talks over a new contract with Xavi
    Last Updated: September 25, 2012 12:25pm

Xavi: Barcelona midfielder is set to hold talks with the club over a new contract

Barcelona want to agree a new contract with Xavi which could result in the midfielder ending his playing career at Camp Nou.
    Xavi's existing deal still has two years left to run, but the 32-year-old's agent has confirmed Barca have indicated their intention to hold talks over an extension.

He is the most decorated Spanish player in history, having won the Primera Division, the Champions League, the Copa del Rey, the Spanish and the UEFA Super Cup on multiple occasions with the Catalan club and also lifted the European Championship (twice) and the World Cup in 2010 with Spain.
    Xavi continues to flourish in midfield alongside Andres Iniesta and his representative Ivan Corretja is not expecting any problems in finalising a new deal.

"Last Friday the club sent us its intention to renew the contract because they want Xavi to sign a new deal, given that the current one ends in 2014," Corretja said to Esport3.
    "Therefore it is normal that we begin to talk about these issues because in June it would be too late.
    "We have always agreed in previous talks and there have never been problems of any kind.
    "For the player it is very important to know that the club remains confident in him. Therefore I do not think there is any problem."

Uploads

Sky Blues swoop for Bailey
    Last Updated: September 25, 2012 3:08pm

Bailey: Joins Coventry

Coventry City have signed James Bailey on a three-month loan deal from Derby County.
    The versatile midfielder or right-back, 23, becomes new Sky Blues boss Mark Robins' fourth addition since taking over at the League One club last Wednesday, following in the footsteps of Conor Henderson, Jamie Reckord and Franck Moussa.
    "I am very pleased that we have been able to bring James to the club," Robins said.

"He has a lot of qualities and we believe he will be a good addition for us as he can play in a couple of positions and is a very good passer of the ball.
    "Not only that, he will put his foot in and will land on second balls too. I've seen a lot of him over the past 18 months to two years and we are looking forward to working with him."
    Bailey will be available to make his debut in Coventry's Capital One Cup third-round clash at Arsenal on Wednesday.

Uploads

Former Germany international Thomas Hitzlsperger is training with Everton with a view to earning a contract
    Last Updated: September 25, 2012 2:28pm

Thomas Hitzlsperger: Out to impress Everton

Midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger may be given the chance to resurrect his career at Everton if he can prove his fitness.
    The 30-year-old is training with the Toffees with a view to earning a contract after he was released by Wolfsburg at the end of last season.
    Everton assistant boss Steve Round says he has so far been impressed with the former Germany international, who has had spells in the Premier League with West Ham and Aston Villa.

However, Hitzlsperger has been dogged by injuries throughout his career and Round admits his history is a concern for the Blues.
    Round told the club's official website: "I have been very pleased with him. Thomas is a long way off playing but we have given him the opportunity to come in and it is up to him now.
    "We will assess him over the next couple of weeks. He seems a really good lad and I don't think I have seen him without a smile on his face.
    "What will determine whether he gets a contract is his fitness. He has had a bad injury and we would want to see that he could sustain training.
    "If he could do that, he would add quality and strength to our squad. He has got a history of playing at the highest level."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast