Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Football Transfer News 26-09-2012

Uploads

Arrow Latest Football Transfer News 26-09-2012

Latest Football Transfer News 26-09-2012

Neil Warnock does not expect El Hadji Diouf to leave Leeds in January
    Last Updated: September 26, 2012 10:49am

El Hadji Diouf: Senegal forward is not expected to leave Leeds, according to Neil Warnock

Neil Warnock is confident El Hadji Diouf will not be leaving Leeds United in January after describing the Senegalese forward as a 'matador'.
    Leeds boss Warnock and Diouf had not previously seen eye-to-eye before the former Liverpool attacker moved to Elland Road in August.
    He initially signed non-contract forms before being handed a deal until the New Year, and Diouf has impressed in his 10 appearances for the Whites.

Diouf again caught the eye in Leeds' Capital One Cup win over Everton on Tuesday night, but Warnock is not worried the 31-year-old will jump ship for a more lucrative offer when the transfer window reopens.
    "He's obviously not doing it for money, he's one of the lowest-paid players at the club. He's not going to get a stage like this again is he? He's a matador"
    Neil Warnock Quotes of the week
    "Dioufy will not go anywhere else, he's promised me certain things and I'm happy with that," Warnock said.

"He's obviously not doing it for money, he's one of the lowest-paid players at the club. He's not going to get a stage like this again is he? He's a matador and you need something like that.
    "It's no good going to Saudi Arabia or Dubai or wherever he was going for six or seven times the wages. He's better off with me, isn't he?
    "He's given me his word, if that's worth it. He's been straight up with me and I've been straight up with him."

Uploads

Re: Latest Football Transfer News 26-09-2012

Wycombe capture target Archer
    Last Updated: September 26, 2012 10:55am

Archer: Joins Wycombe temporarily

Wycombe have signed young goalkeeper Jordan Archer on a seven-day emergency loan deal from Tottenham to cover their bases.
    Archer, a Scotland Under-21 international, links up with the League Two club following injuries to Nikki Bull (thigh strain) and Matt Ingram (knee).
    He will wear the jersey vacated by Elliot Parish, who has returned to Cardiff after his loan spell at Adams Park ended.
    Archer, who becomes Gareth Ainsworth's first signing as caretaker manager, is a regular in the Tottenham Under-21 team and enjoyed a successful loan spell at non-league Bishop's Stortford last season.

Uploads

Rowlands extends O's contract
    Last Updated: September 26, 2012 12:06pm

Rowlands: Seals new deal

Leyton Orient midfielder Martin Rowlands has agreed a contract extension which will tie him to the club until January.
    The 33-year-old joined the O's on an initial one-month deal in late August after impressing manager Russell Slade while training with the team during pre-season.
    Rowlands, whose deal was due to expire on Friday, has made five first-team appearances for Orient this season and opened his account with a goal in the draw with Crewe last Saturday.

Slade told the club's official website: "I'm delighted that Martin has agreed to extend his contract with the club. Martin is a good professional and an excellent player to have around the dressing room
    "He has brought experience and know how to the team over the last month and it's great that he will continue to do that."
    Rowlands new deal takes him through to January 27, taking in 26 games during that time.

Uploads

Davis: We want Chuks to stay
    Last Updated: September 26, 2012 12:37pm

Davis: Hopeful of Aneke stay

Crewe manager Steve Davis is hopeful of extending Chuks Aneke's loan deal with the club which expires on October 2.
    The Arsenal loanee, who is currently two games into a three-match suspension for a straight red card against Stevenage, is due to return to the Emirates after the Alex's match with Oldham.

But Davis has been impressed enough by the 19-year-old to attempt to keep him at the Alexandra Stadium for another month.
    "Chuks has worked very hard. He has to get used to working hard here and he is getting fitter all the time. I would imagine he doesn't do too much running without the ball at Arsenal but he has to do that here," Davis told the club's official website.

"I am sure he feels comfortable here and is enjoying his stay here and he wants to extend it. I will speak to chairman and see if we can keep it going for another month. We can have him as long as they will allow it and as long as we want him to stay.
    "We want him to stay. We need to speak to Steve Bould and those at Arsenal to see if they are happy. If they are then we will do it. What we saw at Stevenage was enough to suggest he is a good addition."

Uploads

Barcelona doing 'everything' to ensure star midfielder Xavi signs new contract
    Last Updated: September 26, 2012 12:20pm

Xavi: The Spain international is a product of Barcelona's famous Academy

Barcelona have confirmed they will do 'everything' to convince Xavi to sign a new contract which will keep the midfielder at the Camp Nou for the rest of his career.
    The Spain international's agent on Tuesday revealed talks were taking place with the club over an extension to the player's current deal which expires in the summer of 2014.

Xavi is considered one of the best players on the planet and the 32-year-old has been an integral part of Spain's World Cup and double European Championship-winning sides.
    And Barcelona president Sandro Rosell is understandably keen to ensure there is no chance of the Academy product ever leaving the club in the final years of his playing career.
    "We will do everything we possibly can and I think he would also really like to finish his career here," said Rosell.
    "He is a role model, a legend."

Uploads

Atletico Madrid have not received a bid from Chelsea for Radamel Falcao
    Last Updated: September 26, 2012 12:34pm

Radamel Falcao: Linked with a move to Chelsea but Atletico are not thought to have received a bid

Sky Sports understands that Chelsea have not submitted an offer for Radamel Falcao and Atletico Madrid would not be interested in selling their star striker.
    Colombia international Falcao joined Atletico last summer after playing a key part in a successful Porto side between 2009 and 2011.
    He has continued to enhance his reputation over the past 12 months and scored a stunning hat-trick in the UEFA Super Cup against Chelsea in August.

Reports have suggested that the Blues are now plotting a 45million swoop for the 26-year-old and that preliminary discussions have already taken place about a January move.
    However, Sky Sports understands that Atletico have not received a formal bid from Chelsea.
    It is also understood that the Spanish club would not welcome an approach as they are determined to keep Falcao and do not want to even discuss selling.

Uploads

Song couldn't resist Barca lure
    Last Updated: September 26 2012, 12:30 BST

For Alex Song the chance to join Barcelona was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity he could not afford to turn down.

Alex Song: Joined Barcelona from Arsenal
    The Cameroon international moved to the Nou Camp from Arsenal last month in a 15million deal after seven years with the north London club.
    The 25-year-old followed a well-trodden path with Marc Overmars, Emmanuel Petit, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Thierry Henry, Alexander Hleb and Cesc Fabregas all having made the switch to Barca during Arsene Wenger's tenure.
    Song admitted Wenger had been a source of great help to him when he arrived at Arsenal as a teenager but there was no way he could spurn such an opportunity.

He told El Mundo Deportivo: "It was in July. Barca spoke with Arsenal and Arsene Wenger came to tell me. It was hard to convince him and also say goodbye because he really helped me and my family when I arrived at Arsenal at 17 years old.
    "When a club like Barcelona want you you can't say no. A chance like this only happens once in life and you must take it."
    Failing to win any trophies in England has served to increase his appetite for success.

He said: "I'm hungry. I've never won anything and I have come here to play many games and win it all."
    In little over a week, and if selected, Song will face Cristiano Ronaldo when Barca meet Real Madrid on October 7.
    Tito Vilanova's side will be without Carles Puyol, out with a knee injury, while Gerard Pique has a sprained ankle.
    Such a prospect does not in any way concern Song.

"Clearly, with Puyol and Pique we are stronger but I am ready and I've played against Cristiano in the Premier League.
    "I have not just started playing today. I've played over 200 games at Arsenal and I have nothing to be worried about.
    "I am not just thinking about stopping Cristiano. What is important is to play and do the job. That is why I have come."

Uploads

Jenas linked with Forest return
    Last Updated: September 26 2012, 14:29 BST

Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas could be set for a return to his first club Nottingham Forest, Press Association Sport understands.

Jermaine Jenas: Could be returning to Forest
    Forest, where Jenas began his career and rose through the youth ranks to the first team, have revived talks about a loan move for the 29-year-old.

The npower Championship club may even have Jenas in their ranks in time for Sunday's clash against east midlands rivals Derby if a deal can be ironed out, with other clubs also interested in the one-time England international.
    Forest are thought to be in the driving seat though, with the player himself particularly keen on a return to the club where he cut his teeth as a youngster after coming through the youth set-up under former Forest boss Paul Hart.

Talks had been held over a loan move back in the summer but they fell through.
    Jenas, who Forest sold to Newcastle for 5million as a teenager in 2002, was named in Tottenham's 25-man Barclays Premier League squad last month.
    He has been a peripheral figure at White Hart Lane in recent years though, with fitness problems meaning he last started a match for Spurs in April 2011.
    A loan spell at Aston Villa was cut short last year after he suffered a season-ending Achilles injury.

Uploads

Esajas on trial with Spireites
    Last Updated: September 26, 2012 4:14pm

Esajas: In his Owls days

Chesterfield have taken former Sheffield Wednesday winger Etienne Esajas on trial.
    Esajas has been training with the Spireites for the past week and caretaker boss Tommy Wright got his first look at the 27-year-old in match action when the reserve-team beat Oldham 1-0 on Tuesday afternoon.
    Wright is thought to be keen to add the left-sided Dutchman to his squad, but Esajas needs additional games to boost his match fitness before he can be considered for the first-team.

Esajas made his reputation with Wednesday, for whom he made 60 appearances and scored five goals, but he has been a free agent since May when his two-year contract with Swindon was cancelled halfway through by mutual consent.
    Since leaving Hillsborough, the former Vitesse Arnhem player also spent a season at Helmond Sport, who missed out on promotion to the Eredivisie after losing a two-legged play-off final against SBV Excelsior.

Uploads

Bristol City sign Wolves defender George Elokobi on loan
    Last Updated: September 26, 2012 5:07pm

George Elokobi: Joining Bristol City on a three-month loan from Wolves

Bristol City have signed defender George Elokobi on loan from Championship rivals Wolves.
    Elokobi has moved to Ashton Gate on a three-month emergency loan after finding himself down the pecking order at Molineux.
    Robins boss Derek McInnes has brought in Elokobi to provide cover for the injured Greg Cunningham at left-back and he believes the Cameroonian will be a valuable addition to his squad.

"George relishes a battle and I've gleaned a lot of enthuasism from our coversations," McInnes told the club's official website.
    "He can play at left-back or centre-half, so he can bring a lot to the team and improve our squad options.
    "We've fought off a lot of competition from other Championship clubs to secure his signature, and I believe that shows the perception of Bristol City is changing out there.
    "The move works for all parties because we get an excellent player with vital Championship experience, and George gets game time under his belt."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast