Arqiva extends TV distribution with Rede Record

Gabriel Miramar-Garcia | 28-09-2012

Brazilian broadcaster Rede Record has re-signed Arqiva for its television distribution services in the UK. Under the renewed contract, Arqiva will continue to provide uplinking and Eurobird 1 satellite capacity for Record TV and My Channel.

As part of the contract Rede Record is also expanding its fibre delivery footprint by utilising Arqiva's terrestrial network.

"Rede Record is one of Brazil's biggest broadcasters and we're pleased to be responsible for supporting two of their most popular channels for the UK market," said Barrie Woolston, commercial director at Arqiva. "Arqiva works closely with its customers to proactively explore innovative solutions to further increase the efficiency of the services we provide. [And], Rede Record's commitment to our extensive terrestrial fibre network for the delivery of its feeds to our teleport will help bring them increased efficiency and cost-savings."

Arqiva has been providing satellite distribution for the channels for almost 10 years.

"The renewal of our channels Record TV and My Channel demonstrates Rede Record's commitment to the UK market and I am delighted we're able to continue to entertain our Portuguese speaking viewers in this way," said Marcelo Cardoso, CEO at Rede Record de Televisao Europa. "They continue to make the effort to understand our business in order to drive efficiencies in our distribution via satellite and fibre, which will be key in supporting us for the coming years."