Thread: Hi, newbie needing help here

Hi, newbie needing help here

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong board but...

I am all new with all this, I just got my reciever one week ago and I have no idea how to update any keys because Multivision used to be working last week and now it is gone. My reciever brand looks like a fake Chaparral Communications ("VN 8000" if that ever helps to categorize it?) said to be "Made in Korea" on the box and it came without any instruction manuals nor anything! I will provide an image of it if you need.

I have no idea what's CAM or Key and how to install them on my receiver, and whether this or that Key would work with my "un-categorized" reciever or not.

Now all I'm asking is a small explanation over these points because I have been surfing the internet for almost seven hours now without being able to understand anything, not even one thing!

If you would be kind enough to explain or at least refer me to another post -or- site that explains everything I would be gladfully appreciated.

Thanks!

Uploads

Re: Hi, newbie needing help here

Quote Originally Posted by PORSCHER View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong board but...

I am all new with all this, I just got my reciever one week ago and I have no idea how to update any keys because Multivision used to be working last week and now it is gone. My reciever brand looks like a fake Chaparral Communications ("VN 8000" if that ever helps to categorize it?) said to be "Made in Korea" on the box and it came without any instruction manuals nor anything! I will provide an image of it if you need.

I have no idea what's CAM or Key and how to install them on my receiver, and whether this or that Key would work with my "un-categorized" reciever or not.

Now all I'm asking is a small explanation over these points because I have been surfing the internet for almost seven hours now without being able to understand anything, not even one thing!

If you would be kind enough to explain or at least refer me to another post -or- site that explains everything I would be gladfully appreciated.

Thanks!
    Hello,

It will be very helpful if you can put a picture of your receiver.. Probably it's a clone of known receiver...

regards