Local Vermont TV affiliate says it's all about 'Me'

Michelle Clancy | 15-11-2012

Local TV station WPTZ NewsChannel 5 in Burlington, Vermont, has reached an agreement to air the new classic TV network known as Me-TV (Memorable Entertainment Television) in the Champlain Valley.

The network features all-time comedy classics like M*A*S*H*, Cheers, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, I Love Lucy and The Bob Newhart Show.

In addition to comedies, classic dramas include Perry Mason, The Untouchables, The Big Valley and the original Star Trek and Hawaii Five-O series.

"We are very excited to have the opportunity to bring this fun and entertaining programming to our viewers," said WPTZ president and general manager Kyle Grimes. "When we look at this network in the context of our current programme offerings, we believe Me-TV is a perfect fit. When viewed in combination with our local news offerings on WPTZ and wptz.com, and our NBC network affiliation, this acquisition is a prime example of our commitment to bring quality programming and diverse choice to our viewers."

Me-TV will debut on 2 January 2013. The network will replace WPTZ's current digital secondary channel This TV, a sister network to Me-TV, and will be available over the air on WPTZ 5.2, on Comcast digital channel 302, Burlington Telecom digital channel 305, Time Warner digital channel 854 and Charter Cable digital channel 296.

"Our passion for classic television runs deep and so does our commitment to programme Me-TV with a complete focus on TV classics. Once again Hearst Television has placed their faith in Me as WPTZ becomes our 15th Hearst affiliate," said Neal Sabin, president of content and networks for Weigel Broadcasting Co.