Week 11 Sunday morning injury roundup
- By Gregg Rosenthal
- Around The League editor
- Published: Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:47 a.m.
It's Sunday morning. That's time for setting fantasy lineups and last-minute injury updates. We'll be updating this page all day with the latest injury news you need to know.
1. NFL.com's Albert Breer reports wide receiver Wes Welker is expected to play against the Indianapolis Colts despite his ankle injury. Breer also reports tight end Aaron Hernandez (ankle) is expected to be out for the Patriots again.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin announced that running back Rashad Mendenhall (ankle) will start on "Sunday Night Football" against the Baltimore Ravens. We knew Mendenhall would be back previously, but didn't know if he'd start. We still think the Steelers should throw the ball plenty against Baltimore.
3. Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said all week he expects wide receiver Pierre Garcon (foot) to play against the Philadelphia Eagles. Garcon is active and starting, as is safety Brandon Meriweather.
4. Houston Texans tight end Owen Daniels (hamstring) will play against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
5. San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith is cautiously expected to play Monday night despite his concussion. He's questionable. Jason Campbell will start for the Bears with Jay Cutler sidelined by a concussion.
6. Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones (ankle) didn't practice all week, but is active. He may be limited against the Arizona Cardinals, making for a tough decision for fantasy owners. Running back Michael Turner (groin) is also active. Linebacker Sean Weatherspoon is inactive.
7. Cleveland Browns cornerback Joe Haden (oblique) will miss Sunday's game in Dallas after testing his injury in warmups.
8. CBS reports that San Diego Chargers running back Ryan Mathews (neck) will play and be the team's (bell cow) against Dallas.
9. NFL.com's Jeff Darlington reports that wide receiver Jeremy Kerley (heel, hamstring) will "give it a go" against the Rams.
10. Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson (hamstring) is active, as expected. So is Calving Johnson (ankle), who was listed as questionable.
11. Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray (foot) is out, as is cornerback Mike Jenkins (back.)
12. Cardinals DL Calais Campbell (calf) is inactive.
13. With Bengals wide receiver Andrew Hawkins (knee) out, Mohamed Sanu is expected to star