Like/dislike: Fantasy has no fury like a QB scorned

• By Adam Rank
  • Writer
  • Published: Nov. 29, 2012 at 08:01 p.m

Well, this is just awkward. I believe you all know how I've felt about Cam Newton this season. Yeah, not much of a fan. I was finally able to dump him prior to the trade deadline a few weeks ago to somebody who lost Ben Roethlisberger, and I was over the moon.
I mean, Wes Welker and I have been very happy together, but then something weird happened. I'm currently at 7-5 in my league of record (tied for third). The current setup is simple: Win and I'm in the playoffs. A loss, and I could end up needing some help.
And my opponent this week is the guy who I dealt Newton to. And Newton is going up against the Kansas City Chiefs. Yeah, I probably should have thought this one through a little bit more.
I know it's crazy to think about, but I imagine Newton being some sort of vengeful fantasy quarterback like Uma Thurman in "Kill Bill" or something. Those fantasy gods sure do have a funny sense of humor.
So because of this, Newton is your No. 1 quarterback of the week.
All right, let's get to the fantasy football.
Likes and dislikes are in bold, for those of you who don't want to take the 88 minutes required to read this column. (But it's Friday: What better way to cruise through it than by checking out my thoughts on fantasy football, comic books, wrestling, TV and music?) Facebook doesn't give you the option to dislike stuff, but I certainly do.
A big hand to stats maven Bill "Sudsy" Sudell for dropping the knowledge.