Jim Harbaugh once made cameo on 'Saved by the Bell'
- By Gregg Rosenthal
- Around The League editor
- Updated: Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:27 p.m.
"Saved by the Bell: The New Class" was a regrettable moment in television history. Any time that Screech gets top billing in the opening credits, something has gone horribly wrong.
If nothing else, at least the show gave Jim Harbaugh a chance to show off his acting chops. This actually happened. And he played Screech's cousin.
There are so many wondrous things about the video above, with Harbaugh (then a member of the Indianapolis Colts) entering at 15:20.
1. The live studio audience greets Harbaugh's arrival like Michael Jackson just showed up to the Max.
2. Harbaugh's hair.
3. Harbaugh's emphatic hand gestures to prove a point.
4. "Cheerleading sure has changed since I was in school."
5. "Being famous does not make you a hero. Being a hero isn't about what you do out there on the field. It's about who you are in here. It's about helping your friends, your school and your community."