Spurs fine Stephen Jackson for tweet toward Serge Ibaka

By Royce Young | Blogger

December 9, 2012 10:45 pm ET

The NBA and the San Antonio Spurs have fined Stephen Jackson a $25,000 for making threatening comments toward Serge Ibaka on Twitter, the league announced Sunday.
Jackson, in a tweet that has since been deleted, wrote, "Somebody tell serg Abaka. He aint bout dis life. Next time he run up on me im goin in his mouth. That's a promise. He doin 2 much."
"The recent public comments made by Stephen Jackson are absolutely unacceptable, can not be tolerated and do not reflect the standards held by the San Antonio Spurs," team general manager RC Buford said in a statement.
The tweet happened following OKC's win Friday over the Lakers in which Ibaka and Metta World Peace were tangled up. Jackson and World Peace of course are tight friends having been teammates in Indiana together.
Jackson apologized for the tweet on Sunday, writing, "I apologize to @SergeIbaka, the NBA, and to all my fans for the comments I made. It was unprofessional and childish. I'm not a thug just a man who speaks his mind. It was not appropriate. I do apologize. Only a man can admit when he's wrong.
Asked about Jackson's comments Sunday, Ibaka had no reaction.
"I don't want to talk about it right now," Ibaka said. "I didn't see nothing, I didn't hear nothing."
When pressed lightly on the subject, Ibaka literally held both hands up and said, "I don't want to think about it."
The Thunder and Spurs play next in OKC on Dec. 17.