Baltimore Ravens, Dallas Cowboys desperate for a win
By Gregg Rosenthal
Updated: Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:18 a.m.
Every week in the NFL is important. Some are just more important than others. Here are the NFL teams most desperate for a win in Week 15.
Desperate teams on our list that aren't facing each other are 8-2 over the last two weeks. Desperation helps.
6. New York Jets: They haven't even been in the mix enough to be desperate the last two weeks. But a victory would get them to 7-7, raise hopes in New York, just so the team can break Fireman Ed's heart again.
5. San Francisco 49ers: You don't want to have to go to Seattle with the NFC West on the line. At least I don't. 49ers fans don't. That's what San Francisco could face if they lose in New England to the Patriots.
4. Washington Redskins: Robert Griffin III isn't 100 percent. The Cleveland Browns are 5-3 over the past eight weeks and have been especially feisty at home. This is a dangerous spot for Washington.
3. Houston Texans: It's hard to imagine the Texans losing the AFC South, but that would be in play if they can't beat an uneven Colts team at home this week.
2. Dallas Cowboys: We're thinking of calling this weekly list "The most desperate teams in the NFL other than the Cowboys." But tell us we're wrong!
(Note: The Steelers don't make the list because, oddly, they don't need this game that badly. Win in Week 16 in Cincinnati and they are in playoff position regardless.)
1. Baltimore Ravens: It's weird for a 9-4 team to be in a freefall, but that's how it will feel in Baltimore if they drop this game to the Broncos. The division could be back up for grabs if they lose and do you really see this team winning three playoff games to get to the Super Bowl?