Beirut Solo wins the Film Clinic Award at the Dubai Film Connection 2012

Louise Duffy | 14-12-2012

Arab film Beirut Solo has won the Film Clinic award at the competition being held within the Dubai Film Connection.

Beirut Solo is directed by Sabah Haider and produced by Pierre Sarraf. The award was granted by Mohamed Hefzy through Film Clinic as part of the company's participation in the Dubai International Film Festival.

Hefzy said: "I am a strong believer in supporting new Arab talents that can pump new and fresh ideas into the Arab cinema scene. Such support can only come from film producers, and this is why Film Clinic gave away this award. Beirut Solo is an excellent production that truly deserves to see the light, and I am proud to be part of the team that helped do that."

Film Clinic supports the new generation of filmmakers and cinema talent. It has astrong presence in Dubai International Film Festival this year, as My Brother the Devil, a film directed by Sally El Hosaini and co-produced by Film Clinic, has been chosen to participate in the 'Arabian Nights' programme, making it the first screening in the Arab region.