Me-TV signs up Belo station in Norfolk
Michelle Clancy | 18-12-2012

The Me-TV Network has announced an affiliate agreement with WVEC, Norfolk, Virginia (DMA # 44) which introduces the Belo Television Group to the classic TV network family.

The station will launch Me-TV in January and it will air on channel 13.3. The Me-TV Network clears more than 84% of the country, serving 139 affiliates.

"What a terrific holiday present for Me-TV, our first Belo station, and a terrific station in a dynamic market at that," said Neal Sabin, president of content and networks for Me-TV backer Weigel Broadcasting Co.

"We are excited to join the Me-TV family, and to offer so many family-friendly classics to our Hampton Roads audience. There is literally 'something for everyone' on Me-TV, including some of the most successful TV shows of all time," said Brad Ramsey, president and general manager of WVEC.

Me-TV, a.k.a. Memorable Entertainment Television, launched nationally in December 2010 and is owned and operated by Me-TV National Limited Partnership and distributed by MGM Television. True to its name, Me-TV's library includes almost 100 series from Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution, CBS Television Distribution, NBCUniversal Television, as well as independent series owners and producers.

Me-TV's line-up includes classic programmes including M*A*S*H, The Brady Bunch, The Beverly Hillbillies, Perry Mason, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Gunsmoke, I Love Lucy, and Hawaii Five-O.