Orange testing pay VOD on Dailymotion

Pascale Paoli-Lebailly | 19-12-2012

Video website Dailymotion, which has just launched the SVOD service Kids+, is in talks with several content providers and studios to increase its pay VOD service at the start of 2013, according to Serge Laroye.
Laroye, director of content at Orange, was speaking at a recent conference on VOD.
Orange owns 49% of Dailymotion, and has an option to buy the remaining 51% next spring. The operator is also looking for a partner for Dailymotion, potentially in the US where the video-sharing platform plans to grow.
VOD tests are underway for the French and US TV series Plus Belle la Vie and Shameless, at a cost of €0.99 and €1.49 per episode respectively.
Orange also added its intention to offer its own VOD service on Dailymotion towards the end of the winter, along with an eventual catch-up TV service of its OCS premium film and TV channel package.