Like/dislike: If RG3 starts for Skins, he starts for you

By Adam Rank
Updated: Dec. 21, 2012 at 06:09 a.m.

Robert Griffin III is expected to play for the Redskins this week and if he's in Mike Shanahan's lineup, he's going to be in my lineup, too. Of course, I made the finals of our NFL AM League with Brandon Weeden, but that's not the point.

RG3 has been the top scorer in fantasy football when he's healthy, and he's either going to deliver a title or lose it for me. The same way the Redskins' playoff hopes rely on him, too.

And it's funny the way perception of Shanahan and offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan has changed this season. Many of us were afraid to pick up Freddy Morris from the waiver wire (he started the season owned in just 30 percent of leagues) and not sure what to expect from Griffin early in the season.

Shanahan has broken the mold.

One thing the Shanahans have done well is to let RG3 be himself. Too often players are drafted and wedged into a system that doesn't fit them. Kind of the way Zooey Deschanel was passed off as a blonde in "Elf." It just doesn't work. And it nearly wrecked an enjoyable movie.

(Odds are you're in disbelief right now that it was Zooey in "Elf" and not some other actress, but it was her. And that proves my point.)

The Redskins didn't try to make Griffin into something he's not and have been rewarded for it this season. I don't know if you should compare the Redskins to "New Girl," but you get the point.

I guess the morale is to start RG3 this week.

All right, only one more week for me to really stretch an analogy so let's get to the fantasy football.

Likes and dislikes are in bold, for those of you who don't want to take the 88 minutes required to read this column. (But it's Friday: What better way to cruise through it than by checking out my thoughts on fantasy football, comic books, wrestling, TV and music?) Facebook doesn't give you the option to dislike stuff, but I certainly do.

A big hand to stats maven Bill "Sudsy" Sudell for dropping the knowledge.