NFL Power Rankings, Week 17: Atlanta Falcons reclaim top spot

• By Elliot Harrison
  • Updated: Dec. 24, 2012 at 07:04 p.m.

Week 17 is here, as are the Power Rankings. Or maybe I should just say, Merry Christmas, Broncos fandom ...

Considering the abuse this space took from those who felt Denver was being disrespected, it's amazing we're not pushing Tatum Bell Fatheads on the website in response. It should also be noted that having a team at fifth overall is now viewed as a slap in the face. You'd think they were undefeated, or had won nine in a row coming into last weekend. Oh ... wait.

Yes, Denver continues a more prodigious streak than the roll you were on with "Breakfast Club," "Young Guns" and "Men at Work." Frankly, "Emilio," I was a "Young Guns II" guy, myself.

Speaking of two, Denver sits at that lofty spot after stampeding the ailing Browns, pushing the winning run to 10 in a row and the overall record to 12-3. The Broncos sit behind only the red-hot Falcons, who are 13-2, with one of those victories coming courtesy of three Peyton Manning picks. Who would win now? Maybe we'll find out in New Orleans.

As for the rest of the league, let us know how we did in the rankings -- @Harrison_NFL is the dropbox.

Until then, Happy Holidays, and of course, let the dissension ride ...