Like/dislike: Don't play fantasy football in Week 17

By Adam Rank
Updated: Dec. 28, 2012 at 06:06 a.m.

It's Week 17. Why are you still playing fantasy football? So many teams have wrapped up playoff seeding or have just mailed it in. So now your biggest fantasy conundrum is, "Should I play Matt Ryan or Christian Ponder this week?"

Seriously, that was a question I received on Twitter.

Having your fantasy football season decided in Week 17 is akin to watching "Dodgeball," "Office Space" or "Wedding Crashers" on non-pay cable channels. Sure, it's still kind of fun, but you're going to miss out on all of the good stuff.

In other words, don't do it.

Now some of you might be new to fantasy football, and this should be a good learning experience. Believe me, we've all been there. There were times I was a fantasy noob and I too had a championship decided in Week 17. If somebody set up your league and will refuse to change for next season, it's time to part ways with that league.

Heck, I still barely talk to my Uncle Earl after refusing to play in his fantasy league because of the Week 17 fantasy rule. There are some things you can't compromise on.

Oh, and thank you for asking. I took the NFL Experts League. I lost in the NFL AM League. I don't know who Team Unknown was. I still believe it was Hornswaggle. Maybe we'll pay it off a year from now.

Likes and dislikes are in bold, for those of you who don't want to take the 88 minutes required to read this column. (But it's Friday: What better way to cruise through it than by checking out my thoughts on fantasy football, comic books, wrestling, TV and music?) Facebook doesn't give you the option to dislike stuff, but I certainly do.

A big hand to stats maven Bill "Sudsy" Sudell for dropping the knowledge.