Jerry Jones: Cowboys in for 'uncomfortable' offseason

• By Marc Sessler
  • Updated: Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:55 a.m.

Jerry Jones is still seething over a second straight 8-8 season in Dallas that leaves the Cowboys on the outside looking in at the NFC playoffs.

The Cowboys' owner and general manager spoke with Jasmine Sadry of KRLD-FM on Wednesday and promised an offseason of change after Sunday's loss to the Washington Redskins cost the Cowboys a division title.

"I'm very disappointed. I thought we missed a great opportunity (to win Sunday)," Jones said. "... I can assure fans that it's going to be very uncomfortable for the next couple of weeks and months at Valley Ranch."

Added Jones: "Change is necessary at 8-8. A change will happen."

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said this week he doesn't plan to give up play-calling duties, but multiple reports suggest the Cowboys will hire an involved offensive coordinator, a subject Jones wouldn't touch. Jones also refused to comment on the future of defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.

Jones was in a frisky mood, but didn't flinch in his support of quarterback Tony Romo, who seemed to confirm everyone's darkest suspicions against the Redskins, throwing a string of game-crushing interceptions in the loss.

"I'm proud of Tony Romo. Real proud of Tony Romo," Jones said, without clarifying if the quarterback would be given an extension beyond 2013.

Jones made it clear: Changes -- possibly deep-cutting changes -- lie ahead in Big D.