CEO Virginie Calmels resigns from Endemol

Pascale Paoli-Lebailly | 18-01-2013

Virginie Calmels has resigned from her positions as COO of Endemol Group and CEO of Endemol France.

She remains as chairman of the supervisory board of Euro Disney, a position to which she was appointed on 8 January by the Disney subsidiary that operates the Disneyland Paris theme park.

Calmels will leave Endemol within the next month. Nicolas Coppermann, who was named MD of Endemol France in June, will be confirmed next week as the new CEO of Endemol. No announcement has yet been made regarding the COO role at Endemol Group.

Calmels joined Endemol in September 2003 and held the positions of MD and then CEO of Endemol France, before being promoted to COO of the Endemol Group. She now wants to take up new challenges, Endemol France explained, and will announce in the weeks to come which currently offered proposal she's going to accept.
Endemol CEO Just Spee said: "Virginie did a great job in the different roles she held within the group and I wish her the very best for her future."

Calmels commented: "I would like to thank all the people I've worked with over the last nine-and-a-half years, especially shareholders, the management board, the managing directors in all territories and all the employees I was in contact with, particularly Endemol France's team."