Super Bowl XLVII prediction: 49ers outlast Ravens for sixth title

• By Elliot Harrison
  • Updated: Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:11 p.m.

Apparently, there are some brothers teeing it up in the Super Bowl. I imagine you'll have heard that storyline 857,333 times by kickoff.

But it makes you think ... What kind of siblings were John and Jim Harbaugh growing up? Did the elder John pick on his little brother, giving him noogies or sticking his Star Wars figures in the dog doo? OK, they might've been a little old for Star Wars figures ... But did they at least play PONG? Were they down with Dungeons & Dragons and the 20-sided dice? One wonders.

One also wonders how much tape of last season's Harbaugh Bowl Jim watched. Sitting on the set of Live during that Thursday nighter between the San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Ravens, fellow NFL Network analyst -- and former center -- Jamie Dukes and I wondered aloud how the Niners' pass protection could be so ineffective. Make no mistake, it was the key factor in Baltimore's 16-6 win. San Francisco's offensive line didn't give Alex Smith any time to mount a drive (or comeback). When the smoke cleared, the Niners quarterback had been sacked nine times. That was my first thought regarding the upcoming matchup. Others?