Thread: Problem with AZBOX PREMIUM HD

Uploads

Problem with AZBOX PREMIUM HD

First of all hi to all forum members. This is my first ever post.

Recently i bought an azbox premium hd with official firmware. The issue is that the satellites dropdown list at the settings menu is shown to me all satellite names but not the angles(-degrees, i don't know how to translate this word). For example it write (0.0E EUTELSATW2 for the satellite who is located at 10 east or 0.0E EXPRESS-AM11 for the satellite which is at 11 west. The only satellites with angles are hotbird 13e, astra 19,2e, hispasat 30w and Afrisat 12,5e.
    I think that is a problem because when i try to insert an individual transporder in a particular satellite, the bars for strenght and quality are on 0%. Even the transporder is active and i scan it, the bars are still 0%.
    I have try to google it but nothing. Does anyone maybe can help me?

Thanks a lot

Uploads

Re: Problem with AZBOX PREMIUM HD

Hi mate

sorry for you but buying an azbug wasn't the best idea you had, mainly if you stuck on off FW (off bugware indeed). So i would advise you to try to install an E2 FW on your receiver because this cFW are more stable than the oFW.

otherwise, try to install the last version of oFW but apart from "fixing youtube" that may not change anything to your problem.

sorry not to help more

Regards

Uploads

Thanks for the time to spent answering my question. I have tried to update in the latest version of official FW via usb stick,
    but my box refuse to "see" the stick.
    I think that i have to send back to the company...

Uploads

my 2 cts advise : if it is still time and if you can, bring it back to your seller and try to change it for an other receiver like a vu or dreambox (technomate can also be a good choice). I don't know if you can but unfortunatly that's the best you can get from this receiver.

regards

Uploads

@zed44

Your assistance is invaluable

i'd prefer azbox due to it can receive 4:2:2 frequencies. I'd like to use azbox for feed hunting. Maybe you know that any of those boxes can receive that type of signal or if they are good enough for feed hunting?

Uploads

i know that i can do blindscan only with my VU uno and that would be interresting for feed hunting. But i don't know if it can manage 4:2:2 frequencies (try to see technical spec on vendor sites). Otherwise, i'm delighted with this receiver which is good for sat tv but also as a mediaplayer.

about azbox, the truth is that the hardware is very good but has never be fully supported by the azbox importers (maybe also because of the lack of support from sigma about the main CPU)...even with E2 fw, it is still buggy and only few teams works on it. For instance, under E2, i still can't use a viaccess card in the card reader (other like seca card works)...it's a pity and i don't think it will change very much in the future.

regards

Uploads

i will send back today my box to my seller and he will install E2 FW. He told my that is much better than official. About the other boxes i saw some things in google and i think that vu solo maybe is a good choise for feed hunting but it can't receive 4:2:2 frequencies. Maybe (if i buy that) can i use it with a skystar hd2? For example can i insert some avc or other codecs in to skystar to manage 4:2:2 or other scrambled frequencies? I am a little bit confused.