Warner Bros debuts Jack the Giant Slayer 3D TV ad at US travel centres

Michelle Clancy | 07-02-2013

Warner Bros Pictures, in partnership with Travel Plaza TV and Vanilla Fire Productions, is plotting a 3D TV advertising campaign for the upcoming action adventure Jack the Giant Slayer, a reboot of the classic Jack and the Beanstalk story.

The studio will debut a 3D film trailer that will air on the Travel Plaza TV network in hundreds of Pilot and Flying J locations along US interstates, and other travel centres nationally. Travel Plaza TV has a network of more than 300 locations with high definition 3D glasses-free televisions. Beginning 1 March, the partners estimate that nearly 30 million travel plaza customers will be exposed to the film trailer.
"We are extremely excited about this new partnership with Warner Bros and believe that this is the future of not only movie advertising, but all advertising," said Bill Botte , CEO of Travel Plaza TV. "We are here to support Warner Bros 3D films and are hoping to forge a long-term relationship."
In addition to Jack the Giant Slayer, the second film on the Travel Plaza TV schedule will be a science fiction action adventure dubbed Pacific Rim. The campaign will launch nationally in June for the film, which is due in theatres on 12 July 2013.
"When I first saw this technology, as a filmmaker, I was blown away," said Steven Barber, founder of Vanilla Fire Productions, which is producing the spots. "I can't imagine not advertising in 3D going into the future. This will be part of every media play in the country by 2014."