Maverick Entertainment hires new acquisitions head

Michelle Clancy | 20-02-2013

Melissa Mackenzie has been tapped for the new role of senior vice president of worldwide acquisitions and creative development for South Florida-based movie distributor Maverick Entertainment Group (MEG).
Mackenzie previously held the position of senior vice president of worldwide marketing, and will continue to oversee the creative development of high concept key art campaigns in her new position.
"I've been with Maverick from the beginning of the company, and have created theatrical-looking key art campaigns for each film released," she said. "In my new role, I will work with our customers to determine the genres they are looking for, and attend festivals, markets and other venues to secure the content that meets their needs. I'll also work to conceptualise the key art marketing strategy that will see the film succeed on store shelves."
She added, "My new role is to mine thousands of independent movies made every year, and work with film festival programmers to find hidden the gems that meet our customers' criteria. It's a thrill to speak with film festival attendees and filmmakers, and help them establish a relationship with a distributor that will take their project to the next level. I take pride in helping them visualise what their project can become."