Thread: What do I need with my Dragon?

What do I need with my Dragon?

Hi,

What do I need to get Dish Network, Bell Express Vu and DirecTV with the dragon? I've seen files with up to date key files for Dish and BEV but not sure if I also need a card to bring them in.

Can anyone help out a newbie?

Re: What do I need with my Dragon?

Well what do you know? it seems that no one has an answer. There are things out there that we do not know. A good challenge to be met. I'll let you know how I get on then.

VIP Member
    Uploads

I can't say this for certain cause I do not live under the shadow of any of those Birds.
    But IIRC, and unless those Systems were brought to check like the rest of Narga2 (D+, Polsat, Premiere World + Kable Deutschland and Polsat), mostly in Europe.
    My understanding is that you would only need to use the Dragoncrypt Patcher (probably to set the CAID of the Provider(s), that you need.
    In my experience the default CAIDs' are for European Providers.
    Barring that all you'd have to do is to convert the 32bit (2x16) Key (HEX) into DEC and enter the result (under Ohlaladin or Narga2),.
    This is how it should work in therory.

You might find to do do this (for ex. setting the correct CAID), that, you'll need to have both a Card-burner, (Mastercrd, Infinity or Dynom!te), and the Dragon Loader Card.
    As far as I know there is no other way to hard program a Dragon / T-Rex.
    Well you could also use the more expensive CAS3 and Loader Card, but that would still amout to the same end as haveing a cheap Card-burner and the Loader Card.

P.s. you can also copy-paste any working Key into the Dragoncryt patcher and then save it as a Dragon Loader Card Image beit for the Loader Card or a Fun7 (2Mb), Card.

Hope that helps you out...

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijoe View Post
    I can't say this for certain cause I do not live under the shadow of any of those Birds.
    But IIRC, and unless those Systems were brought to check like the rest of Narga2 (D+, Polsat, Premiere World + Kable Deutschland and Polsat), mostly in Europe.
    My understanding is that you would only need to use the Dragoncrypt Patcher (probably to set the CAID of the Provider(s), that you need.
    In my experience the default CAIDs' are for European Providers.
    Barring that all you'd have to do is to convert the 32bit (2x16) Key (HEX) into DEC and enter the result (under Ohlaladin or Narga2),.
    This is how it should work in therory.

You might find to do do this (for ex. setting the correct CAID), that, you'll need to have both a Card-burner, (Mastercrd, Infinity or Dynom!te), and the Dragon Loader Card.
    As far as I know there is no other way to hard program a Dragon / T-Rex.
    Well you could also use the more expensive CAS3 and Loader Card, but that would still amout to the same end as haveing a cheap Card-burner and the Loader Card.

P.s. you can also copy-paste any working Key into the Dragoncryt patcher and then save it as a Dragon Loader Card Image beit for the Loader Card or a Fun7 (2Mb), Card.

Hope that helps you out...
    Thanks Ichjoe,

It seem as though you may have an idea about it that the others do not.

I've got the Dragon loader card and have found a file that already has the CAID in it. I actually found one with up to date keys in it a few weeks ago which I kept. I loaded it onto my Dragon and inserted into my Dreambox but I got nothing. Since then I've updated keys but still nothing. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the software I'm using on the DB. It may be that the version (DSM) that I'm using does not like the CI.

I have the DB working with a softemu but whenever I switch it to the CI there is nothing. I've looked around the internet but not really found a site that can help me with the theory for what I'm looking to accomplish using the DB so that I can apply principals from that to get myself going out here. I'm pretty sure that if I get it going that a lot of other would arm themselves with the equipment to do the same, I guess someone has to be the pioneer. I'll follow your suggestion about the patcher and try to start with a virgin file and see if I get anything using that.

This looks to be a real challenge and thanks very much for your response. Any help would be apprecited.

VIP Member
    Uploads

Ok forget my last Post I forked up!
    I got the terms CAID and ProviderID mixed up!
    The CAID for Narga2 is 1800 and the CAM already understands that much.
    No your missing the ProviderID, and for whatever reason I have never ever seen a Predator File which had North American Providers listed.
    All the Narga2 Providers are European:

4101 - Digital + (19.2e & 30w)
    4901 - TV Cabo (30w)
    7101 - Polsat (13e)
    0501 - Premere (19.2e)
    2111 - Digi TV (1w)

This is the Default ProviderID List.

You'll need to get the Dragoncrypt Patcher (See Tools under the T-Rex Section),.
    Then with a working Predater File open edit any or all of these (as you can't use 'em!), for these:

*0001 - Dish Networks (?Unkonwn to me?)
    *0801 - Bell Vu Express (?Again unknown to me?)

Now unless I missed somethin' Direct TV is owned by Rupert Murdock.
    That beeing the case I don't think you're going to have much luck with this.
    As this Provider is NOT in Narga2 but in NDS Crypt which has not been cracked yet.

* The above ProviderIDs' may or may not be 100% accurate.
    I managed to scrape 'em up from an older SoftCAM File.
    That should however (under normal conditions be enough), but alas I can not test this out for you.
    for the same reasons why the above ProviderIDs' wont work for you either.

I hope this helps you out...

EDIT: So in short fix your ProviderIDs' and try to find current (e.g. working), Keys then set that up on you Dragon\T-Rex CAM, and you should have light...

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijoe View Post
    Ok forget my last Post I forked up!
    I got the terms CAID and ProviderID mixed up!
    The CAID for Narga2 is 1800 and the CAM already understands that much.
    No your missing the ProviderID, and for whatever reason I have never ever seen a Predator File which had North American Providers listed.
    All the Narga2 Providers are European:

4101 - Digital + (19.2e & 30w)
    4901 - TV Cabo (30w)
    7101 - Polsat (13e)
    0501 - Premere (19.2e)
    2111 - Digi TV (1w)

This is the Default ProviderID List.

You'll need to get the Dragoncrypt Patcher (See Tools under the T-Rex Section),.
    Then with a working Predater File open edit any or all of these (as you can't use 'em!), for these:

*0001 - Dish Networks (?Unkonwn to me?)
    *0801 - Bell Vu Express (?Again unknown to me?)

Now unless I missed somethin' Direct TV is owned by Rupert Murdock.
    That beeing the case I don't think you're going to have much luck with this.
    As this Provider is NOT in Narga2 but in NDS Crypt which has not been cracked yet.

* The above ProviderIDs' may or may not be 100% accurate.
    I managed to scrape 'em up from an older SoftCAM File.
    That should however (under normal conditions be enough), but alas I can not test this out for you.
    for the same reasons why the above ProviderIDs' wont work for you either.

I hope this helps you out...

EDIT: So in short fix your ProviderIDs' and try to find current (e.g. working), Keys then set that up on you Dragon\T-Rex CAM, and you should have light...
    That was most helpful indeed. But I'm not sure I understand about the providers not being listed. Case in point i've got a file created by Zlatan which you'll find on the boards dated 11-11-06 which seems to have the provider in there with what was valid keys on that day. Well at least when I output the keys file I see it listed there as well as Bell Ex Vu.

I'll take a look at the patch tool as suggested and see if I can grasp how to use.

Cheers! I'm off to do the thinking thing. I hope that it doesn't hurt too much.

Ok Found it will work on the Zlatan file and see where that gets me. Interesting, I do not see the provider in this list but when I look at the same file in DragonCrypt I can find it. Obviously doing something wrong somewhere but that is the joy of tinkering.

VIP Member
    Uploads

Ok I managed to track down the ProviderIDs' that you were asking about.

0001 / 0101 - Dish Network (@61.5w)
    0801 / 0901 - Bel Vu Express (@Unkown)

If those Providers are anything like there European Counterparts, then you need to use the latter Values.

i.e. 0101 for Dish Network and 0901 for Bell Vu Express.

You can find the last known good Keys for those Providers in the Narga Section HERE: http://satsupreme.com/forumdisplay.php?f=266

Cool Re: What do I need with my Dragon?

Thanks Ichijoe,

I've not had a chance to do anything this week with work and all and it is coming into the silly season for holidays and trying to cram all of the projects into the last 2-3 weeks before change freeze. Yeah I work in IT.

I't difficult to find the time and especially as I'm out of town for the next week. But as soon as I get a chance I'll try out everything and let you know how I'm getting on.

Thanks for all of the help, I'll come back to you soon.