Thread: T-rex supermodule 4.6 and CI+ (Panasonic TX-L47ET5E ) = no zapping?

Uploads

T-rex supermodule 4.6 and CI+ (Panasonic TX-L47ET5E ) = no zapping?

I've tried various Predator and Predasaurus dra files last night, but cannot figure this damn thing out.

The problem is that zapping trough N2 channels is impossible, you get "no service" and have to shut down the TV after changing one (maxiumum 2 if you're lucky) channels.

I even went on and put Predasaurus 107 then 207 dra file on it, no luck.

The same TV has no problem using a Diablo light card in the same way (you may get a "no service" if you're zapping like crazy, but if you stay 3-4 secs on each channel it works just fine)

The T-rex decodes N2 just fine (you can watch the same channel for hours) but when it comes to zapping it's a no go.

Anything that I can try/do or it's a compatibility problem with the TV? I thought the T-rex supermodule was known for it's zapping abilities.

P.S. Also strange is that I am programming the T-rex using CAS3+ and the dummy card and a weird thing that happens is that the TV never detects the CAM after being programmed for the first time with a certain dra file. You have to re-program with the same file it and then it is detected.

Uploads

Re: T-rex supermodule 4.6 and CI+ (Panasonic TX-L47ET5E ) = no zapping?

Update: just tried monza42predasaur240Up24.06.10 and I got SOME zapping with it (get to zap a few channels when giving it a 4-5 secs break between them). But it still gives "no service" when landing on most HD channels and channel jumping is basically a no go.

P.S. In case anyone is wondering, I'm not trying to steal anything. I am a paying (FULL SERVICE) subscriber of a retarded cable provider which refuses to supply CI cams in order to force it's crappy boxes down the throats of the subscribers. The box they gave me displays macroblocks and other "goodies" during football matches and so on - of course they couldn't care less. Not to mention having two remotes instead of one and so on.

Uploads

Re: T-rex supermodule 4.6 and CI+ (Panasonic TX-L47ET5E ) = no zapping?

OK, using the above mentioned .dra file I have narrowed it down to the following behaviour: the cam is capable of perfectly zapping or jumping trough the cathegory of channels it was booted into.
    To make it more clear: if I start the TV on a channel that is SD FTA, the T-rex will allow me to zap as fast as I want or jump or whatever trough the SD FTA channels. As soon as I try to switch to a SD Encrypted, HD FTA or HD encrypted channel, it will give me a "no service" display.
    Same applies if booting on a HD Encrypted, HD FTA or SD Encryopted channel: I will be able to zapp or jump only within that cathegory.

Since without the CAM the TV has no problem displaying all channels (the enclypted one display "Encrypted channel", of course) I guess the problem is with the N2 emulator of the T-Rex CAM. Also I don't have any problem (except of image quality issues) when using the provider's receiver. Can any of the experienced users of these cams help me with a workaround?

Thanks a lot.