Thread: help what equipment do i need ?

Uploads

Smile help what equipment do i need ?

Hi !
    I am kind of new to FTA i used to have Coolsat and Viewsat recievers which i still have but they dont work as things have changed a lot with time i am in canada i just wanted to know where to get started what reciever do i need what type od dishes lnb's do i need to get it going if someone could please direct me to the area of the fourm i can read and get started that would be much appriciated

Re: help what equipment do i need ?

a linux stb with a large enough dish and Ku/C band lnb to recieve the services you are interested in... as you know the days of large packages opening with softcam/keys are gone. once you have the system set up and plugged into your broadband router you need to get yourself a card and exchange with like minded people or google CCcam and try and find a decent sea-lion provder for the services available in your neck of the woods. regards mdt

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
    a linux stb with a large enough dish and Ku/C band lnb to recieve the services you are interested in... as you know the days of large packages opening with softcam/keys are gone. once you have the system set up and plugged into your broadband router you need to get yourself a card and exchange with like minded people or google CCcam and try and find a decent sea-lion provder for the services available in your neck of the woods. regards mdt
    i have coolsat5000 and viewsat platinum they r old recievers as of i understand now bell nd dishnetwork work on nagravision would they work ?

i cant say m8 as im from europe but other N3 providers are working like 1802/1803/1810/183d/1843. you need to look at the csforums at your end to see if bell/dish are available via lan. regards mdt