Page 1 of 23 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Nds/Skyuk rolling out their new card pairing method

Nds/Skyuk rolling out their new card pairing method

If anyone is thinking of spending a few hundred quid on a satellite linux box or one of those openboxes and connecting to a pay service then i would think again.

Last summer sky revealed plans that they would be changing the way they were going to be pairing their cards which was due to be rolled out early in 2013 and its happening now ! Already boxes in certain areas are affected (mainly amstrad receivers) with the loss of all HD sports/movies and any other premium channel add on,the only channels remaining are the family pack channels in sd format.

The new pairing method is working because any emu available today cannot read the new boxid that cards are using now after an entitlements update thus rendering all premium hd channels defunct on servers.

Payservers no dought will already be trying to find a way round this but i do not think its gonna be a smooth journey for them,it was a long time coming and payservers are mostly to blame for the change but the revenue sky are losing must be massive.

Anyway it was just a heads up incase any of you were thinking of spending your hard earned cash only to find the channels you thought you would receive are in darkness.

Henrk

Re: Nds/Skyuk rolling out their new card pairing method

please dont post old news, im in the UK and the "NEW" pairing has been about for 5 months.

The new pairing is on new installs and does not effect some pay servers at present.

SKy are getting rid off old white sky plus boxes as a FREE upgrade for their new epg

some twats have taken cards out of cccam to update they entitlments and when do do this it kills the card

if you want to know more, im happy to post, AS LONG AS I DONT GET WARNINGs

Uploads

anybody got june updates and card still clearing hd channels?

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zoltar25 View Post
    anybody got june updates and card still clearing hd channels?
    All cards have expdate 2013-05-23 here...
    And everything opens fine.

Dont think any june updates have been sent yet.
    I have no reason to think that anything will be blocked by this update.

--

Also i agree, this is a recurring topic, mostly stating the same.
    To All: Just dont update your cards in an original box for now.

Uploads

my expiry ranges from end of may till mid june depending on channels.

also it is a new sub only couple of months old.....so i don't what all this pairing lark is all about as i told them my old box was dead and i got one off my friend, they paired with with the box over the phone....but as it didn't happen straight away...i done it on the web and it paired immediately.

card's never seen the box since and always updating in oscam.

some people have gotten firmware updates, and when those boxes with firmware update paired with the card (if it already was paired, nothing happened, i believe) have problems getting those cards working in oscam.

i believe nothing "serious" changed, there's been a small change in box pairing maybe, this change cannot be seen on the jtagged box because that one isn't (appearently) getting the fw-update, so we just have to see if someone will find a jtag way for newer boxes.

imho, the reason we didnt see the newer boxes getting jtagged is because there simply was no reason ... now that there might be one, chances are that it'll happen faster than we expected ...

anyway, i haven't noticed any issues so far , and my "circle of friends" isn't seeing any chances either ... all infos about cards not working anymore are coming from 3rd party so far ...

people on a few sites have said the following:

due to a updating card in the box (entitlements need updating) with the new version (letter on end ) and receiver id, this stops all HD channels and prem channels working in a oscam reader or third party box (confirmed)

some have had cards updated in oscam, card not been in box and still have lost HD channels and prem channels (confirmed) seems a emm under G kills the card.

work around is to re pair the box and card via sky site with a SD box or a box not with new firmware.

so your circle of friends maybe wrong. I`m on 20 sites, oscam site and can confirm cards being killed

Quote Originally Posted by uk_bttv_satuk View Post
    work around is to re pair the box and card via sky site with a SD box or a box not with new firmware.
    so your circle of friends maybe wrong. I`m on 20 sites, oscam site and can confirm cards being killed
    -) my information was from 10 days ago ... coming here now over a week later and saying "your circle of friends may be wrong" is a bit ... yeah ... daring

-) it still holds true that there is no kill (!) out there (otherwise, re-pairing with an old box wouldn't fix squat, as that defies the definition of a "kill").
    what's happening, is that sky changed something in the pairing, which oscam isn't emulating correctly so far ... nothing else. all we have to do is wait for them to figure it out.

-) you cannot confirm cards being killed AND getting fixed by repairing with an old box at the same time ? that completely contradicts itself.

let's just agree currently there has been a change in hardware pairing, and we need to start logging it and feeding the results to the oscam devs (or anyone interested in it, really, as oscam devs usually don't wanna get their hands dirty with hacks, and are more likely to "accept" donated code :P )

true true true lol
    lets say there is something in the air lol the new receiver id btw is reported to be for sky go and ipads :)

Quote Originally Posted by uk_bttv_satuk View Post
    people on a few sites have said the following:

due to a updating card in the box (entitlements need updating) with the new version (letter on end ) and receiver id, this stops all HD channels and prem channels working in a oscam reader or third party box (confirmed)

some have had cards updated in oscam, card not been in box and still have lost HD channels and prem channels (confirmed) seems a emm under G kills the card.

Hi Guys,

I have a card which no longer works, as described above, following pairing a new Amstrad DRX890 box.

I have repaired the card with an older Amstrad DRX 780 box - with firmware which may be about a year old (not sure of version number). The repaired card still does not work with Sports and Movies SD & HD.

I am happy to try out alternatives with your help and advice to get the card working again.

eg I can get access to an oldish Samsung HD box and a Pace SD box. What are your thoughts ?

Page 1 of 23 123611 ... LastLast