Thread: Cache-ex got stat'

Uploads

Cache-ex got stat'

Hello,

Could someone clarify how exactly I should interpret the cache-ex got stats?

Letīs say that user A sends me a cached CW for sid 1234.
    Then I get a CW for sid 1234 from user B and this is ignored a dup. Does the "got" counter increase for user B? Or, does the fastest peer win and only his counter increases?

Thanks,
    Mefte

Re: Cache-ex got stat'

afaik , ignored means ignored. that includes the amount of received cache (as the ignored CW was, as it says, ignored, not received).

this is what i consider to be the case, based on observation (making a loopback that is only causing dupes results in a zero received stat in the WebIF).

maybe someone can confirm ?

Uploads

Thanks m404, I think the it works the same indeed. I've been observing the last couple of days and it looks like the peer that has the fastest one in only has it's counter increased.
    So, if I push 10000 CW's to another peer there is no way to tell how many of these will actually show up in his "got" counter. Maybe it would be a goo idea Oscam to have an ignored counter in the cache-ex stats as this would show how much unprocessed cache is sent from one peer.

Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by m404 View Post
    afaik , ignored means ignored. that includes the amount of received cache (as the ignored CW was, as it says, ignored, not received).

this is what i consider to be the case, based on observation (making a loopback that is only causing dupes results in a zero received stat in the WebIF).
    The only reliable statnumber in CACHE-EX tab is "Got" which can be defined as: "Accepted CW, and stored into local cache".
    It doesn't say anything about the actual amount of cache sent by the remote peer.

So if you have 2 oscam's with DVBAPI, tuned in on the same channel and sending their cache to a remote cache-oscam, the amount of "got" will rise +1 on one of the two peers.
    (first received is stored, second received is ignored)

We need better statting for cache in oscam.. Its on someone's todo list.. Which is long though..

Quote Originally Posted by m404
    based on observation (making a loopback that is only causing dupes results in a zero received stat in the WebIF)

I wonder how you created that "loopback".. Cache will never be send out to its origin, so its not ignored on the receiving party, its ignored on the sending party!

you can loop it if you use old rev :)