Thread: Matrix Reborn CAM problems

Uploads

Matrix Reborn CAM problems

Apologies for posting this in the wrong place initially.

Just bought a Fortec Star Passion Plus receiver and it came with a Matrix Reborn CAM as a 'freebie'. I don't seem to be able to do anything with the CAM. The firmware it has loaded ( MrT V1.18) appears to be years out of date and when I put the CAM into my CAS 2 Plus programmer it will not connect, coming up with an error. (The programmer works perfectly though still with my Diablo 2 CAM which in turn works well in the Fortec Star receiver). Any one on here can give me some advice?

Uploads

Re: Matrix Reborn CAM problems

An update...........might be of interest to someone........
    Got an old laptop, reset the bios date to 2009 then loaded an early version of the CAS software (ver 8.5C) on to it (any attempts to load the early CAS software with the correct bios date just triggers a message that tells you to go to the Duolabs website for a current version of the software). The earlier software recognised the CAM in my CAS2 plus and allowed me to load the latest available version of Neo (4.11) to the cam. However the CAM still isn't recognised in the CAS2 running the latest version of the CAS software though the Fortec Star recognises the new software and appears to decrypt a couple of channels on 13E. Might well try some other early versions of the CAS software to find which is the latest that sees the CAM.