My-HD game for Ginx TV in MENA

Rebecca Hawkes | 21-05-2013

My-HD will become the first pay-TV platform in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) to carry the video gaming channel Ginx TV, which provides the latest in gaming news, reviews and previews.

For a preview period of three months, Ginx will be available to the 33 million homes receiving Arabsat broadcast signals, before becoming exclusively available to My-HD subscribers.
"We are very pleased to be the first Middle East platform to offer Ginx 24/7 to our subscribers. In our offering to our customers we aim to offer channels that meet every individual interest. Video-gaming is a fully-fledged mainstream activity in our region and we are convinced that Ginx will find a broad and loyal audience within our customer base," said Cliff Nelson, CEO of My-HD.
The TV channel is now available in 40 territories, and has recently launched in Poland, The Netherlands, Romania and Croatia. It is localised in nine languages, and covers all things gaming: from console and PC games to mobile games and apps.
Michiel Bakker, CEO, Ginx said: "We are very excited to be part of the My-HD platform in the Middle East and North Africa. Video-gaming is now a massive mainstream leisure activity and it is fantastic that we are able to bring our full channel to gamers across the entire Middle East and North Africa for the first time. Our shows highlight the latest games and provide news, reviews and behind the scenes insights for fans of videogames and we hope they resonate with our new viewers."