Thread: Gb-pvr

Uploads

Gb-pvr

I don't know if anyone has mentioned GB-PVR before, but it's a great PVR system with remote support and DVB support (with BDA), which so far has not supported MDAPI, a system that could enable the use of softcams.

I was on the DVBN forum, and sub himself (the maker of GB-PVR) announced within a couple of weeks, the new version will support MDAPI.

Having used this PVR software for analog TV, I can say this will without a doubt rule all the other programs I've used so far... If it works with softcams, that is.

The current GB-PVR release is v0.98.13. A couple of weeks after that release I added support for this filter. This support will be included in the next public release, which is probably a couple of weeks away.

I have no real concerns what people use this MDAPI support for. Softcams and pirating TV are of no major concern to me, but I'll make sure that the GB-PVR forums do not become a haven for discussing these potential uses.
    EDIT: I suppose I should post a link for those interested.

Re: Gb-pvr

Nice - with a multiple LNB setup, you could use this and xmltv to have a trans-European PVR, bucketloads of channels, all with full 7 day EPG.

Uploads

To anyone interested in this software, you can download the new version, which supports MDAPI Filters. I got it working with B*V. All you have to do is:

1) Download http://www.gbpvr.com/mdapi.zip and extract the two files to c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr. These files are FFDecsa.dll and mdapifilter.ax.
    2) RUN: regsvr32 "c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr\mdapifilter.ax"
    3) On the Misc tab of the GB-PVR Config app, tick the 'enable MDAPI support' checkbox on the bottom right the screen.
    4) Put dvbcore.dll into c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr.

After that, any MD plugins found in c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr\MDPlugin will be used. Settings pages for these plugins can be accessed through the tray icon.

I used the vplug 1.3.6 plugin successfully. Emunation failed (caused a crash), which was disappointing to me, because it autorolls really well for me in MyTheatre. Oh well.

Uploads

last version of gb-pvr

_ update for Vista
    _ Multidec Plugins
    _ multi tuners
    _ h264 compatible for HDTV

hp://www.gbpvr.com/pmwiki/

For control remote with HIS (byremote)
    h))p://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tips/HipGuide