Liberty launches Spanish movie channel in Puerto Rico

Juan Fernandez Gonzalez | 10-07-2013

Liberty Cablevision has launched M.I.S Películas (Made In Spain) in Puerto Rico and aims to expand the channel to the whole Hispanic community, both in South and North America.

The channel offers Spanish movies of all genres and eras 24 hours a day and represents a big opportunity for M.I.S to jump into the Latin market, especially in the US.
The first channel of its kind in America, the channel is being provided by films from Spanish producer Videomercury Films which has the widest catalogue of Spanish films.
Liberty Cablevision, the biggest cable company in Puerto Rico, has been operating since 1999 and offers TV and Internet services throughout the island. It says that M.I.S. is "a great display for Spanish culture".
The head of the channel, María José Revaldería, said: "M.I.S is a new communication outlet 100% in Spanish which is a promotional tool to reinforce the Spanish language presence in a powerful market as the US".
During the first weeks of broadcasting, M.I.S will release some hits from Spain's film industry including La Caza, Amanece que nos es Poco and Bienvenido Mister Marshall.