VIMN Asia and Sunway team up for MTV World Stage Live

Louise Duffy | 26-07-2013

Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) Asia has teamed up with property group Sunway to host the MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia for a further three years. This year's event will take place on 8 September, marking the fifth anniversary of the show in Malaysia.

MTV World Stage Live In Malaysia 2012 at Sunway Resort City played host to Justin Bieber, K-pop acts Jay Park and Kara, and Malaysian artist Mizz Nina.
VIMN Asia’s executive vice president and managing director, Indra Suharjono, said: “I am delighted we are joining hands with Sunway Group, who has been our venue partner for three of the previous MTV World Stage Live events in Malaysia ... We have strong partners who have invested in us because they believe VIMN brings expertise in creating youth-oriented programming, brand strength and production expertise that help them to connect well with the millennial audience. I am confident of the success of this strategic collaboration that will also continue to strengthen our brands’ presence and channels’ line-up for our audiences. I cannot wait to see what else we can offer together."
Tan Sri Dr Jeffrey Cheah, founder and chairman, Sunway Group, said: “Sunway and MTV combined is a powerful proposition. Together, we represent content of global interest at a magnificent destination. Together, we make a greatly compelling experience for youths who seek at every opportunity to enrich their lives by pushing the boundaries of their imaginations. It is a natural progression that we want to not only continue to grow with MTV, but consider potential collaborations across other Viacom brands."