Rebecca Hawkes | 31-07-2013
My-HD, the nascent Middle East and North African (MENA) pay-TV platform, is adding nine high definition Rotana channels to its satellite bouquet, to bring its channel total to 41.
"We will launch the initial four channels to customers during the holy month of Ramadan. This will be followed by the addition of other new and exclusive channels by the end of September 2013," said Cliff Nelson, CEO, My-HD.
He added: "This strategic alliance will definitely boost our audience reach and help us take the high definition experience to the maximum number of households in Middle East."
A range of Rotana movies, drama, general entertainment and music channels will be available on My-HD in the initial phase. Cinema, Khalijia, Afflam and LBC will be included in the package, which will be offered at no additional cost to existing subscribers.
"High definition is the future of television and entertainment, therefore by signing this agreement we at Rotana have strategically taken this significant step ahead for our network to grow further and look forward to launching new HD channels in the near future," said Turki Al Shabana, president, Rotana.
Dubai-based My-HD, which had its official launch in May 2013, will now carry 35 premium HD channels via Arabsat at 26 degrees East, for viewers across the Arab world. Among its existing HD channels are eight from MBC, four from Al Nahar, and six from Olympusat the US-based Spanish-language broadcaster.