Before posting this I've tried to read and download several general info on FTA "hobby", but there is still something that looks unclear to me.
Therefore, I try to post some questions trying to find a kind answer from a kind member who could eventually point me to a thorough HowTo!
1) I have a HD500FTA. I've loaded the latest firmware (302 - 131206) and the correspondingly updated k*yfile. Some light is actually on, but some of the declared ch***els are still dark. Even waiting 20 to 30 seconds as suggested.
Did I miss any step?
2) s.o. posted in the He@d Digital Support site (which is a forum!!!) head us pn a "
Hi all... this is version is ONLY for NEW boxes with support for DONGLE/KEYFLY over RS232.... old boxes don't support this ..... so DON'T download this to your receiver if you don't know if it is supp". It's completely unclear how to undertand if the box supports this and if this p*tch overrides the hardware k*y. Does anybody have an idea?
3) I've found many references in the post to the auto*oll function, and that (for example) the t*s (mu*tiv*sion) changes every 4-6minutes (I see sthg for approx. 1 min, then around 10 mins. dark). But no tutorial or explanation on the technique itself.
4) The program Loader, has a function to capture (dump?) but what should it capture, How does it work? and how does gasoline work? In other words, I'd also like to contribute to the work.....
5) Do the k**s found in forum sections for other receivers also work for HD500? And how can I add a provider in the editor menu (I followed the instructions on the manual and on the screen tips, but I don't find what I add after pressing OK...) Is it a limitation of the sw?
Well, there are so many more questions I'd like to post, but I think it's too much already...
THX in advance
My dish is pointed to HotBird 13 E