Thread: just a few tips, please!

Uploads

just a few tips, please!

Hello everybody!
    Before posting this I've tried to read and download several general info on FTA "hobby", but there is still something that looks unclear to me.
    Therefore, I try to post some questions trying to find a kind answer from a kind member who could eventually point me to a thorough HowTo!
    well:
    1) I have a HD500FTA. I've loaded the latest firmware (302 - 131206) and the correspondingly updated k*yfile. Some light is actually on, but some of the declared ch***els are still dark. Even waiting 20 to 30 seconds as suggested.
    Did I miss any step?
    2) s.o. posted in the He@d Digital Support site (which is a forum!!!) head us pn a "
    Hi all... this is version is ONLY for NEW boxes with support for DONGLE/KEYFLY over RS232.... old boxes don't support this ..... so DON'T download this to your receiver if you don't know if it is supp".
    It's completely unclear how to undertand if the box supports this and if this p*tch overrides the hardware k*y. Does anybody have an idea?
    3) I've found many references in the post to the auto*oll function, and that (for example) the t*s (mu*tiv*sion) changes every 4-6minutes (I see sthg for approx. 1 min, then around 10 mins. dark). But no tutorial or explanation on the technique itself.
    4) The program Loader, has a function to capture (dump?) but what should it capture, How does it work? and how does gasoline work? In other words, I'd also like to contribute to the work.....
    5) Do the k**s found in forum sections for other receivers also work for HD500? And how can I add a provider in the editor menu (I followed the instructions on the manual and on the screen tips, but I don't find what I add after pressing OK...) Is it a limitation of the sw?

Well, there are so many more questions I'd like to post, but I think it's too much already...

THX in advance
    Arturo

P.S.
    My dish is pointed to HotBird 13 E

Uploads

Re: just a few tips, please!

sorry for the link appearing in the post. It's a matter of cut'n'paste. I hope I didn't break the rules

Uploads

Hello
    Excuse but my written English is bad
    I go to try you to help in optimum that to know

1) I have a HD500FTA. I've loaded the latest firmware (302 - 131206) and the correspondingly updated k*yfile. Some light is actually on, but some of the declared ch***els are still dark. Even waiting 20 to 30 seconds as suggested.
    Did I miss any step?

xdreamtv(only night)
    the keys are always to move nor always uncover the keys

2) s.o. posted in the He@d Digital Support site (which is a forum!!!) head us pn a "
    Hi all... this is version is ONLY for NEW boxes with support for DONGLE/KEYFLY over RS232.... old boxes don't support this ..... so DON'T download this to your receiver if you don't know if it is supp". It's completely unclear how to undertand if the box supports this and if this p*tch overrides the hardware k*y. Does anybody have an idea?

"What is Dongle ?
    Dongle is new ADDON Smart card reader (Keyfly) what can be connected to RS232 port.
    When is Dongle connected ... on Receiver menu opens new part of menu were you can set all
    about your dongle.... Dongle is Official smart card reader for : Seca, Viaccess , Cryptoworks, Irdeto, Betacrypt.
    More info about it you can find at this address :
    Also in Europe it is sold in Brand " PowerCAM "
    But version what is used with RS-232 is called > " RS-Power "
    This is supported by New version of Boxes ... "

3) I've found many references in the post to the auto*oll function, and that (for example) the t*s (mu*tiv*sion) changes every 4-6minutes (I see sthg for approx. 1 min, then around 10 mins. dark). But no tutorial or explanation on the technique itself.

TPS are OFF no keys

5) Do the k**s found in forum sections for other receivers also work for HD500? And how can I add a provider in the editor menu (I followed the instructions on the manual and on the screen tips, but I don't find what I add after pressing OK...) Is it a limitation of the sw?

some keys yes others not, the keys with the extension *.key must function

Hi,

I Would like to have also the answer to these questions from an expert! I have a reelbox and got the same behavior.

Thank Arrturi to have expose so clearly your problem!

Uploads

Thanks for your comment.
    You know, I'd like to try myself, but I'm still doubtful on some basic things. I cannot understand to what extent the particular decoder is a discriminating issue or when one can edit k*s manually, after they were taken somewhere else in the plethora of forum posts. In other words, are the k*s linked to the decoder or to the provider, once the encr***on is chosen?
    Another tricky thing for me is when I see the K*yfiles that report some update, but they look the same as the previous ones in the line of the reported station (ddsb mentions about the one that should work at night, but to me it looks that they just decide to transmit free when they want, in the evening). Is the firmware changed to handle the old k*y or what?
    By the way, ddsb, are you editing and updating the FW and K yourself, or you post files taken elsewhere in the web forums?
    If you do it yourself, would you tell us what application do you use and if you refer to a particular set of procedures?
    I'm sorry if the things I say are trivial or inconsistent. I'm a dummy, here. I would only want to study the matter, but I don't find "the books"...... tried in several forums, in the sections of FAQ and HowTo, with no major results.
    Once more: just a few tips, please!!!!!
    I think that the more we are the more results we can reach, in our tests.
    Thx

Uploads

Sorry, I forgot one thing to say to ddsb:
    I can read Italian, french, spanish, a bit of basic german and polish. then I can translate the post if you wish.
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by arrturi View Post
    sorry for the link appearing in the post. It's a matter of cut'n'paste. I hope I didn't break the rules

As a matter of fact, you did. Maybe try actually reading the rules first...live links removed. If you want to put in links that's fine (none to other forums) but make them inactive please. You will have to re-post links if you want them back.

Uploads

Once again, I apologize.
    I'll be more careful in the future
    Thanks for correcting the post.