September 26, 2013 08.02 Europe/London By Chris Dziadul

The last remaining slot on Russia’s second DTT multiplex has been secured by Spas, a channel operated by the Moscow Patriarchate of the Russian Orthodox Church.
In doing so, reports Kommersant, it beat off competition from TV3 and Pyatnitsa, both of which are part of the ProfMedia group, and Dohzd, backed by Natalia Sindeeva.
The post was previously allocated to TV Center, which was moved to the first multiplex, and regional channels.
Spas is majority (51%) owned by the Moscow Patriarchate, with Spas Media, belonging to Maxim Ivanov, holding the remaining 49% stake.