IBF re-elects Man Jit Sing as president

Rebecca Hawkes | 28-09-2013

Man Jit Singh, chief executive of Multi Screen Media, has been re-elected president of the Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF) for the year 2013-14.

Rahul Johri, senior vice president and general manager, South Asia, Discovery Networks, was elected to the role of vice president, alongside existing vice presidents Punit Goenka, managing director, Zee Entertainment, and Rajat Sharma, chairman and editor in chief of India TV.
After his re-election at the IBF’s 14th annual general meeting in Mumbai, Singh said: “I am delighted that my industry colleagues continue to have faith in me to guide the IBF. The last year has been very eventful for our industry with digitisation phases I and II, considerable progress on a new measurement system under BARC, and a shift from TRPs to TVTs.
“Substantial challenges continue in the current year. We need to build on the success of content regulation, continue the process of digitisation and work collaboratively with the broader industry."
Singh was first elected as president of the IBF in 2012, succeeding Uday Shankar, CEO of Star India.