Injury roundup: Jake Locker hospitalized with hurt hip
- By Gregg Rosenthal
- Around The League Editor
- Published: Sept. 30, 2013 at 01:02 a.m.
- Updated: Sept. 30, 2013 at 10:55 a.m.
The Tennessee Titans have been perhaps the most surprising team in the NFL this season. Jake Locker probably played the two best games of his career over the last two weeks.
Locker's season, and the Titans' relevancy, now depend on the status of Locker's injured right hip. The injury he suffered during Sunday's 38-13 win over the New York Jets did not look pretty -- he was hospitalized -- but we won't know anything about his status until Monday. It was a nasty day for injuries. Here are the other issues we'll be tracking throughout the week:
1. The Oakland Raiders lost Darren McFadden (hamstring) and Marcel Reece (knee) to injuries early in the 24-14 loss to the Washington Redskins. They quickly were declared out, and Rashad Jennings took over in the backfield.
2. Washington Redskins running back Alfred Morris was knocked out with a rib injury in the fourth quarter. He did not return, but coach Mike Shanahan said after the game that Morris didn't break anything.
3. Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett was taken off the field on a stretcher during the 23-20 overtime win over the Houston Texans. He suffered a lower back injury.
4. Texans linebacker Brian Cushing suffered a concussion against the Seahawks, and he did not return.
5. New England Patriots nose tackle Vince Wilfork left with an ankle injury during the team's 30-23 win on "Sunday Night Football" against the Atlanta Falcons. NFL Media's Albert Breer reported Monday morning that Wilfork has a torn Achilles and will miss the remainder of the season. The Boston Globe first reported Wilfork's Achilles injury.
6. The Falcons lost left tackle Sam Baker again. He left Sunday night's loss to the Pats with a knee injury.
7. Kansas City Chiefs offensive tackle Eric Fisher suffered a concussion during the team's 31-7 win over the New York Giants.
8. New York Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes left Sunday's game with a hamstring injury. Reporters said he was seen limping after the contest.
9. San Diego Chargers pass rusher Dwight Freeney left with a quad injury during the team's 30-21 victory over the Dallas Cowboys. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Freeney has a torn quad.
10. Buffalo Bills running back C.J. Spiller hurt his ankle in the team's win over the Baltimore Ravens. Spiller admitted it would be "tough" for him to get ready for Thursday night's game.
11. New York Giants cornerback Aaron Ross hurt his back in the team's loss to Kansas City.
12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Mark Barron hurt his hamstring, and did not return to the team's loss to Arizona.
13. The Indianapolis Star reported rookie linebacker Bjoern Werner will undergo an MRI on his foot Monday.