Thread: Cacheex 3 bandwith & filter not working

Question Cacheex 3 bandwith & filter not working

The last month i've upgraded to the latest version 8913. i guess since then the bandwith has gone up drastically. So today i've tryed some settings:

Test environment:

Cacheex server <-> cardserver
    both oscam release 8983

Started with cacheex server with a reader that sends 3 hops (no filter activated there) . All cache users on the cacheserver have filter (Cache-EX 3 ECM filter:) on for 0100,0963 and 0500

on the cardserver i have the user on 3 hops and filter (Cache-EX 3 ECM filter:) on for 0100

-> result, i only see the 0100 in the cacheex statistics, bandwith at 1MB/minute

Next test

cacheex server with a reader that sends 3 hops (no filter activated there) . All cache users on the cacheserver have filter (Cache-EX 3 ECM filter:) on for 0100,0963 and 0500

on the cardserver i have the user on 3 hops and left the filter empty

-> result, i see the 0100,0963 and 500 in the cacheex statistics, bandwith at 1MB/minute

=> conclusion, the filter works only on the client side, all the cache is send from the server no matter how the Cache-EX 3 ECM filter is set, with results in large traffic for ecm's that are not wanted by the client.
    positive side is that if you set the filter you only forward the filtered ecm's

Ok, You would think, set the filter on the server side then, well i tryed that without result. the filter is not respected (Cache-EX 2 ECM filter:)
    tested with filter 0100 at the cacheex server(cacheex 2 ecm filter)
    no filter at the cardserver.

Logically you would think that the server would only send 0100 to the cardserver. That is not the case, in the staticstics i see 0100,0500 and 0963.

Does anybody know how do i need to configure the cacheex server so that it only sends 0100 to my cardserver?

Re: Cacheex 3 bandwith & filter not working

Tnx for the advice, i've done that now http:*************************. i don't like the forum, i'ts too dark and to buzzy

PLEASE NO LINKS TO OTHER FORUMS!

Uploads

Filtering server-side is done with with the 'caid' parameter, not the cache-ex filter; this is different from the user-configuration and confusing (had the same issue....).

Now i've done it with the services, apparently that works also. ;)

@admin, sorry didn't know :-/

Uploads

i have configure filter with service in the reader. it's another problem occur the newcamd client can't connect to my server