Chalvon-Demersay steps down as CEO of Marathon Media

Pascale Paoli-Lebailly | 19-11-2013

Vincent Chalvon-Demersay stepped down as CEO of Marathon Media on 17 November.

The former chief strategy officer at Zodiak Media, a position he held from January 2012 to September 2013, will remain at the Zodiak group in Los Angeles to oversee the transition of new CEO Marc-Antoine d'Halluin who has been appointed acting CEO of the animation production company.

According to the group, Chalvon-Demersay has decided to leave for personal reasons, and will sell his shares in Zodiak Media.

The producer, who contributed to the emergence of a new generation of French animation professionals, joined Marathon in 1999 as managing director.

In 1999, he founded the company with David Michel, and it has since become one of France's biggest animation production companies, creating huge international successes, including the series Totally Spies and Martin Mystery, which, ten years after their first transmission, are still releasing new seasons.

Chalvon-Demersay became member of the executive committee of Marathon Group in 2005, until its sale to the De Agostini group in November 2007.

Chalvon-Demersay said he "would like to thank all the Marathon Media teams and my friends at Zodiak Media for their support and trust during these 14 years. I entirely trust Marc-Antoine d'Halluin to make the right decisions to continue my action."