Thread: T-Rex TWINmodule And CAS3+ Programing Help Needed!!

Post T-Rex TWINmodule And CAS3+ Programing Help Needed!!

Hi I Have Just Purchased A CAS3+ And I Am Having Difficulties Loading The Files Onto The Cam, So Far I Have Been Going Onto The T-Rex Program (DragonLoader) And Has Witten Files On The Cam I Think? But When I Goto Put It In My Echostar It Dont Pick Any Of The Channels Up The Software I Am Using On The Cam Is Predator 3.54 Dated To 14/01/07 And Am Using The Software Which Cam Off www.duolab.com My Progammer Model Is CAS3+.....Cheers Knotty121

VIP Member
    Uploads

Re: T-Rex TWINmodule And CAS3+ Programing Help Needed!!

IIRC: It will not work this way, for the same reasons why you can not use ~say a Laptop~ to program the CI CAM.

Or to ask this question another way.
    When you attempt to program your Dragon \ T-Rex (Predator), ~You can NOT use Predasaur Dragon \T-Rex 4.5 or 4.6 Files on the older CI CAMS~!!

Do you just do so by inserting the CI CAM into the CAS3+, or are you also remembering to use the Dummy Card as well?!

Again IIRC you must use the Dummy Card when programing via CAS3+ or eles it will not work!
    In turn you could also use a 'Loader Card' and a simple Card Buner CAS3+ should also do this and then just place both the Card and the CI CAM into your Receiver and by going to your CI Options Menu on your Receiver, update your CI CAM.

It'll take about Ten Minutes to finish. that's how I've been doing it for about a Year now, and I've never had any problems with that method.

So if your not using (or forgetting to use the Dummy Card), you'll need to make sure to use that part as well...

hi thanks but ive been doing that for days and still not work however i do own a titanium card wuld that be any help and where wuld i get hex and eeprom files from...cheers
    knotty121

VIP Member
    Uploads

No you need either a Fun7 (2Mb) or a Goldcard (also 2Mb?!) a.k.a Dragon \T-Rex Loader Card. in order to program the CI CAM that way.

Like I said you can also use the 'Dummy Card' that ~should have~ came with your CAS3+ System.
    IIRC: the CAS3+ should have came with the following:
    The Device itself
    a Dummy Card ~To program non CAS3 (or UCAS?! not sure), CI CAM's like the Dragon. Programing a Matrix CI CAM w/o the Dummy card should be possible as it supports both the CAS3 and UCAS Systems~.
    a JTAG connector and Ribbon Cable.

Now I've never used the CAS3+ System, but I'm sure that you have to use the Dummy Card in order to program it, though...