Movistar TV adds i24news in Spain

Juan Fernandez Gonzalez | 29-11-2013

Israel's news channel i24news has announced a distribution agreement with Telefónica enabling it to be broadcast through the IPTV platform Movistar TV in Spain. The English version of the channel is already available and will be on air 24/7.

The international news channel continues to focus on the Spanish market, onto which it launched its French feed through Canal+ about a month ago. "Launching on Telefónica's platform reinforces the awareness of our channel," explained Frank Melloul, i24news' CEO.

The signal has already been available through several TV operators since its launch in July. In addition to Spain, i24news currently broadcasts in France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Poland, Italy, the West Indies and Africa.

Laurent Malek, chief marketing and commercial officer, i24news, added that the company "is very pleased to strengthen its presence in Spain with both our French and now our English channel".

The Israeli channel covers international news and is available on cable and satellite pay-TV platforms in three languages: French, English and Arabic. It is also broadcast live through its own website.