will.i.am and Kylie Minogue join The Voice Australia

Louise Duffy | 29-11-2013

Grammy Award-winning singers and current coaches of The Voice UK, will.i.am and Kylie Minogue, are set to join The Voice Australia in 2014.

They will be on the judging panel alongside returning coaches Ricky Martin and Joel Madden in the new season of the show on Channel Nine next year.

“It is an honour to join The Voice Australia as a Coach working alongside Kylie Minogue, Ricky Martin and Joel Madden. Australia is a highly creative country and a place with many good memories that have shaped my music career,” will.i.am said.

Minogue added: "I am so excited to be coming home and being a coach on The Voice. I look forward to spending time in Australia, getting up close and personal with new talent and working alongside the three amazing artists: Ricky, Joel and will.i.am."

Meanwhile, Delta Goodrem and Joel Madden have been announced as judges in the debut of The Voice Kids Australia.

Goodrem said: “I am so excited to be a part of the debut of The Voice Kids and discovering the next generation of Australian talent. I have so much respect for my fellow coaches joining The Voice Australia family. Being a part of The Voice Kids allows me the time to continue working on the show and to focus on new music. 2014 is shaping up to be such an exciting year.”

The Voice Kids will showcase the vocal talent of children aged eight to 14 from around Australia, featuring the same set as the adult version of The Voice, with blind auditions and battle rounds.