Me-TV gains new TV affiliate in Dallas

Michelle Clancy | 19-12-2013

Memorable Entertainment Television, aka Me-TV, has picked up a local TV affiliate deal and will return to Dallas via KTXA-TV. The Network has been without an affiliate since ending its affiliation with KTXD-TV on 30 October.

KTXA will carry the complete Me-TV programme schedule featuring more than 50 different classic television programmes every week, and will launch on Monday 23 December.

"The fact that KTXA was able to respond to the fans of Me-TV so quickly is amazing," said Neal Sabin, vice chairman of Weigel Broadcasting Co, parent company of the Me-TV. "Based on the hundreds of social media posts, e-mails, articles and messages from our viewers in North Texas, KTXA will truly be providing a broadcast service to those families throughout the area appreciate."

He added: "Now Me-TV fans wondering whether Perry Mason will ever lose a case or if Gilligan gets off that island won't have to worry; they can watch Perry win every night and Gilligan mess things up as he has been doing for generations."

The network launched nationally in December 2010 and now has 157 affiliates nationwide and more than 90% clearance across the country, and can be found in 28 of the top 30 US markets on cable and satellite. Several major media groups that have Me-TV affiliates include: Hearst, Gannett, Raycom, Sinclair, Media General, Post-Newsweek, Nexstar, Allbritton, Belo, Hubbard, Cordillera, Bahakel, Fisher, Cox, Morgan Murphy, Grant, New Press Gazette, New Age, Granite, Dispatch, Journal, Titan and CBS Television Station Group.